The Flintstones are returning to broadcast TV thanks to MeTV (Yabba Dabba Doo!)

1st and 2nd seasons were broadcast in black and white
It usually varied by how equipped for color TV each local ABC affiliate was at the time...
The ABC owned and operated stations were probably the first ones to get full-color premieres of The Flintstones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Nope...1st and 2nd seasons were in black and white....but later converted to color

1966) - Alternate Versions - IMDb

The show was broadcast in black-and-white for the first two seasons (1960-1962), although all materials (episodes, Winston cigarette

That’s just the commercial spots. The actual show was in color. Even the Christmas special “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” had black-and-white promos for some of its advertising, yet the actual special was in color.

1st and 2nd seasons were broadcast in black and white

They were animated in full color by Hanna-Barbera, but initially broadcast in black and white by the American Broadcasting Company during their first airing, but when all TV stations adopted color TV technology in the mid-60s, the show aired in full color for the first time.

Syndicated reruns on Saturday mornings would be the first people would get to see the first and second seasons in color...

Reactions: ShawnHill1
Yup
They were animated in full color by Hanna-Barbera, but initially broadcast in black and white by the American Broadcasting Company during their first airing, but when all TV stations adopted color TV technology in the mid-60s, the show aired in full color for the first time.

Syndicated reruns on Saturday mornings would be the first people would get to see the first and second seasons in color...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)