The "good" I see from super conferences

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
The only big positive I can see with this realignment is the schools will push harder for a play off system. When you combine so many power house schools into one conference they will certainly not like that fact that only 1/2 teams could make a bcs bowl from the conference, leaving 14 other teams out, including quite possible 2-3 other really great teams. at least with a play off system of the conference champions it would give each conference fair representation in the national title, and then you can figure out the other bowls that no one cares about later.

With fewer conferences (bye bye Big 12 & Big East) they could adjust the max rule to 3 schools. Or with more power schools, they could squeeze more money out of the non-BCS bowls.

But seeing how the bowl money is all split evenly amongst the schools (ie, you don't get any extra for being in a BCS bowl as opposed to a minor one, or none at all), I don't see it being a big deal. The schools just care about how much the conference gets in total from all it's bowl affiliations.

With fewer conferences though you will have fewer chances of having a bunch of undefeated teams and it will be easier for the BCS to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)