The Good & The Questionable . . .

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
We lost two channels to the Tribune dispute so we are using OTA. I made sure that I had OTA modules for both our HwS's long before they were installed for situations such as this, to record the programs that would have been caught with sat timers. Just got done watching one and noticed how dynamically better the picture quality was. I've been thinking that my TV was crapping out and to my delight, it's not. Color, contrast, highlights, shadow are all so much more like you'd expect and as with Blu-rays. The one thing that I really noticed was that dark hair in a shadow was not a black blob. You can still see the hair. Bright backgrounds behind objects don't wash out the foreground objects. Graphics and text is so much more crisp and clear. No electronic highlight halos. I'm amazed that there is such a difference. For once I didn't have to wear glasses either. Which I don't usually do, except when watching things off DISH.

I've seen it mentioned that the PQ on the H3's are better. I pray that it's this much better (insert fingers crossed here).

Also, the "questionable", I'm beginning to think that, for me and as much as I have and have seen others complain, programs that I thought were cut short, actually weren't. They're "ending early" and I hadn't learned that if you go back to them and start over, fast forward to where it stopped, you can continue on and finish the program. They're perfectly intact contrary to what they make you believe. So maybe, it's not been that programs were getting cut short after all. They're just ending early. Bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)