The Grass is Brown on the other side!!!!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Well, i guess im happy to report that comcast lasted all but 2 hours in my house. This is how my install went. Comcast guy calls at 11 am asking hey can i come early, I had a 1-5 install time. Sure come right now.. so far so good. the guy shows up at 2. ok well hes atleast on time. I take the guy through a walk through and show him where my computer is and i show him where i want him to run the lines.. "oh i cant drill he says, with out landloard permission" WTF im thinking.. so ok I bust out my drill and drill him his holes. and run the cable. boom done 5 min max. he brings in the dc boxes and ones a hddvr and the other is a dc box.. wait I ordered 2 dvrs wtf... get on the phone with coustomer service yep its on the work order.. they guy doesnt want to run back to pick up a box. by this time hes complaining that he has 4 more jobs and its 3pm. so he finds another tech and gets a box from him... the first one is doa.. gets a 2nd box from the same tech this one works.. sets up all the boxes and just takes off and leaves a copy of the paperwork on the cofee table in the living room. everything looks like its up and running. by this time its 4pm. so i start flipping through channels and half of my channels are missing. wtf. I go into the bedroom tv to check it out.. I cant acess any menus, no guide and no on demand menu. WTF!.. tuning to channel 2 and 3.. all fuzz.. bearly a watchable piture.. THAT LITTLE BASTERED I said to my wife.. so i went outside to the box and changed out all the connections.. the 5 min it took me to change the connections i had a perfect picture. Sweet i thought to myself. so i get on the phone and im explaining everything to coustomer support. they cant figure out whats going on.. 3 transfers later with tech support and coustomer support they said they would have to send out another tech... ok I want one tonight or first thing tom morning.. sence this was not done right.. No can do comcast said because the route is allready full.. by this time i was like cancell me... so now im tranfered to the cancellation dept. all they offered me was 20 bucks in credit to stay with them.. and a tech out on thurday.. By this time i was like screw that... and cancelled.

The moral of this story is the grass isnt neccacary greener on the other side and i guess Im willing to put up with lies and mpg 4 Bullsh!t if that means getting better service. so thats my word.. now you all can say i told you so.

oh btw i never did call and cancell dish. i never got to the phone to do it before comcast messed up.. so all is good.

Edit: comcast is also saying that they dont offer a hddvr with an hdmi connection... witch the csr i talked to said they did.

Well, I was looking at Charter in my area and went to a friends house one night to see what charter had. Very nice indeed IMO. On-demand. decent dvr, HD locals all for about the same price as dish. So, I have made a deadline in my house for dish to have some semblance of a plan or direction or at the least an announcement of how they plan to compensate me for my 921 fiasco when mpeg4 comes. Otherwise, I will be going with charter.

GaryPen said:
That sucks, guys. My Comcast grass is not only green, there are pretty flowers too.

That's the problem with Cable... most of the time it's a very big YMMV kind of deal.

Comcrap here sounds just like that!! Did they try to make you pay a $28 per outlet activation fee? All I have is cable internet. They can kiss my ass for all I care.

I checked out Charter in my area, and found all of their extended basic channels, over 70 in all, were still analog. The image quality of those was well under what I get from Dish on the same channels.

For HD, all they offered were my locals and 4 additional channels. Since I get all of my locals via OTA, that left them about 14 HD channels short of what I get from Dish.

So Charter is an option for me, if I want crappy analog on nearly all of my favorite SD channels, and if I want to give up 14 HD channels. However it is cheaper.

yeah, there are still 70 analog stations here too. The pic quality was decent on a 51inch widescreen my friend has. The digital channels were nice. The receiver (motorola) was kinda slow to respond.

Losing some HD would be my biggest drawback to going with charter, but I can't say I honestly watch Gallery all that much :) Monsters HD would sorely be missed, I gotta have my horror flicks, especially the cheesy ones like SQUIRM! ha.

GaryPen said:
That sucks, guys. My Comcast grass is not only green, there are pretty flowers too.

Here also ( Metro Detroit ).

goaliebob99 said:
Well, i guess im happy to report that comcast lasted all but 2 hours in my house. This is how my install went. Comcast guy calls at 11 am asking hey can i come early, I had a 1-5 install time. Sure come right now.. so far so good. the guy shows up at 2. ok well hes atleast on time. I take the guy through a walk through and show him where my computer is and i show him where i want him to run the lines.. "oh i cant drill he says, with out landloard permission" WTF im thinking.. so ok I bust out my drill and drill him his holes. and run the cable. boom done 5 min max. he brings in the dc boxes and ones a hddvr and the other is a dc box.. wait I ordered 2 dvrs wtf... get on the phone with coustomer service yep its on the work order.. they guy doesnt want to run back to pick up a box. by this time hes complaining that he has 4 more jobs and its 3pm. so he finds another tech and gets a box from him... the first one is doa.. gets a 2nd box from the same tech this one works.. sets up all the boxes and just takes off and leaves a copy of the paperwork on the cofee table in the living room. everything looks like its up and running. by this time its 4pm. so i start flipping through channels and half of my channels are missing. wtf. I go into the bedroom tv to check it out.. I cant acess any menus, no guide and no on demand menu. WTF!.. tuning to channel 2 and 3.. all fuzz.. bearly a watchable piture.. THAT LITTLE BASTERED I said to my wife.. so i went outside to the box and changed out all the connections.. the 5 min it took me to change the connections i had a perfect picture. Sweet i thought to myself. so i get on the phone and im explaining everything to coustomer support. they cant figure out whats going on.. 3 transfers later with tech support and coustomer support they said they would have to send out another tech... ok I want one tonight or first thing tom morning.. sence this was not done right.. No can do comcast said because the route is allready full.. by this time i was like cancell me... so now im tranfered to the cancellation dept. all they offered me was 20 bucks in credit to stay with them.. and a tech out on thurday.. By this time i was like screw that... and cancelled.

The moral of this story is the grass isnt neccacary greener on the other side and i guess Im willing to put up with lies and mpg 4 Bullsh!t if that means getting better service. so thats my word.. now you all can say i told you so.

oh btw i never did call and cancell dish. i never got to the phone to do it before comcast messed up.. so all is good.

Edit: comcast is also saying that they dont offer a hddvr with an hdmi connection... witch the csr i talked to said they did.

Welcome to the world of idiots. Since the public school system began dumbing down education around 1965 or so the kids learn less and less. All you get for call ctr. reps for the most part are losers that can't get a better job. Comcast, Adelphia, and all the rest are like revolving doors. Lousy shifts, pay, etc. Did you really expect more from our current dumbed down workforce??

This guy I used to work with went to interview with the local comcast. Yes he's a huge loser. Anyways, he went in there and somehow they were joking about people stealing cable, I guess this was the part where they tell you that all installers get it free. So he admits to the guy that he steals cable already. Suffice to say he didn't get the job...

...and his cable was cut off 2 days later.

Completely irrelevant I know, but cable installers generally are an angry bunch. Imagine if you had to deal with the people they deal with everyday, explaining the same things, installing the same things in these junk-filled houses, etc...

Not a job i'd want...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts