The Gray LP shopping spree comes to Fargo/Grand Forks

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Gray TV is buying several low-power TV stations in the Fargo market which could potentially be used to give a full-HD bandwidth home to the CBS programming currently seen on a subchannel of Gray NBC affiliate KVLY-TV/11 (Fargo). Gray is buying construction permits for new LPTV stations K30LT-D (Horace), K28MA-D (Argusville), and K30LR-D (Grand Forks) from Landover 2, LLC for $100,000. The Horace and Argusville CP's currently call for sites near Fargo, and the asset purchase agreement says Landover 2 will give Gray permission to file facility change application(s). CBS has been seen on channel 11.2 of KVLY-TV since last fall.

Attachments

• exhibit_643236000.pdf
    287 KB · Views: 156
right now CBS is in 720p as a sub on the NBC. This was due to the Gray buying Hoak and the FCC rules on dupolies ;)

Interesting buy. The power on those stations right now is minimal. I assume Gray will ask to put them at full power (15kw)

Would be nice for city dwellers in GF to use an OTA antenna for NBC & CBS as 11.x is 'out of reach' for most single family dwellings in the more mature part of the city.. (IF they put both on it - would be a logical move in my view)
Will have to wait and see as I've been asked a few times about OTA antennas in the tree lined streets area of GF.

Make it reach north to Pembina would be a good move also.
With the exception of FOX that area has better reception of Winnipeg stations.

Would be nice for city dwellers in GF to use an OTA antenna for NBC & CBS as 11.x is 'out of reach' for most single family dwellings in the more mature part of the city.. (IF they put both on it - would be a logical move in my view)
Will have to wait and see as I've been asked a few times about OTA antennas in the tree lined streets area of GF.
The GF station right now is at a whopping 750 watts 96 feet. I'm sure Gray will ask to "turn up the juice" ;)
(looking at rabbit ears right now it would **feasibly** cover GF proper but thats it)

Make it reach north to Pembina would be a good move also.
With the exception of FOX that area has better reception of Winnipeg stations.
even at 15k watts it wouldnt reach Pembina

Not unless they get a modification to the CP and up the height and use a directional antenna.
Why NOT cover the upper RR valley along with the current southern coverage??

Why NOT cover the upper RR valley along with the current southern coverage??
While I agree with you, the 15kw max output just wont get there unless they ask to move the city of license.

running a tvfool at 40 feet they can get KNRR (obviously) and WDAZ pretty good. Also CKY

Looking at the FCC site there are some allocations in Pembina that could possibly be used.
18, 24, 36, 41, 42, 47 are all allocated to "Pembina Valley"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)