The Guardian review:

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
My wife and I just watched this and we both really enjoyed it. A pretty decent story about our U.S. Coast Guard and the traing that goes into being the guy who jumps out of the helicopter to save a live. These guys really are heroes.

The video was right on -- sometimes 3-D and very clear. I really liked the night scenes in the water. Just terriffic. Colour was spot on and flesh tones were just right. Not to many glitches in this video. 4.5 sabers out of 5

Audio in this one using the PCM is just outstanding. Good use of all channels and sometimes I felt like I was either in the helicopter or in the water during the scenes. Great music -- very good sound effects. I was just really impressed with how clear the sound was -- especially dialog -- the one thing I really like about lossless audio tracks -- being able to hear the dialog. 5 sabers out of 5

Cool feature on this discs -- the ablility to ask questions of the director -- choosing which question to ask and hear the answer while the movie plays in the background. Only did this three times as I like to concentrate on the movie and not the extras. Might not work on every BD player though.

Watched this on a Pioneer 630HD with a PS3 and Onkyo Tx-SR805 receiver. One of these days when I get a full 1080p set I might not come out of the room for days! This movie was alot better then the reviewers gave it credit for and watching it on BluRay was a real treat. The WAF on this one was a definte 5 sabers.

Moderators have moved posting before -- why not this one?

The Review section is handled by a different program (it has a rating system and other features). So, there is no easy way to move this thread there. But you can easily copy and paste the text of your review once you create it there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts