The Halos may be out...

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
But they TRIED.

KCK, I am very sorry, but at least your team didn't go out with a whimper like the Cubs.

The Halos fought to the very end- games 2, 3, and 4 went down to the last at-bat- while the Cubs didn't try at all after the Loney grand slam.

Sabres,

I want to thank you for starting this thread.

KCK, I'm also very sorry. I know all too well what you're feeling right now, and it sucks.

I just want to say the Red Sox beat the best team in MLB 2008....the Los Angeles Angels! And Sabres right, the Halos left it all on the field. Nothing to be ashamed about there!

The Angels played there asses off and nobody could take that away, althought why was there a squeeze with 1 out, I'll never know. If I was the runner on 3rd, I wouldn't even think about running.

BTW, on the postgame show, did you see Papelbon act like well, an idiot. He talked about how nobody could stop them and then he gave a champegne, I know spelled wrong, shower on Craig Segar. He just sounded like an idiot although did you see Segar's suit. Maybe it was justified.

Why do baseball teams pop champagne after winning the LDS? In other sports if you win a first round game/series you just move on. And why do those guys wear goggles?

Why do baseball teams pop champagne after winning the LDS? In other sports if you win a first round game/series you just move on. And why do those guys wear goggles?

+1:up. I've always hated it.

Clinching a playoff berth and/or division title? Yes, absolutely. You survived a seven month grind, and are one of only eight teams to get to the postseason.

Winning the LCS? Again, yes. That's winning a "pennant".

And of course, winning the World Series, it goes without saying that you celebrate.

But winning three games in a week and celebrating? Sorry, but I think it's stupid!

I can understand Lackey being pissed off at the outcome of the game/series, but at least try to show a little class and quit your crying:

"It's way different than last year," said Lackey, who was 0-1 with a 2.63 ERA in two starts this postseason. "We are way better than they are. We lost to a team not as good as us."

"[On Sunday] they scored on a pop fly they called a hit, which is a joke," said Lackey, referring to a popup that was misplayed into three runs. "[On Monday], they score on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball anywhere else in America [except in Fenway Park]. And [Pedroia's] fist-pumping on second like he did something great."

His teammates must love the way he reacts on the field to their miscues. :eek:

BTW, on the postgame show, did you see Papelbon act like well, an idiot. He talked about how nobody could stop them and then he gave a champegne, I know spelled wrong, shower on Craig Segar. He just sounded like an idiot although did you see Segar's suit. Maybe it was justified.

I've never liked that guy, dating back to a few years ago when he did that Irish Riverdance in his biker shorts and bare feet all over Boston's field. He just seems way too cocky and full of himself.

Sabres, Bob and all of you,

Many thanks for the kind words. Those of you who do not understand that squeeze play did not watch the Angels play all year. That is their style of baseball. It's worked in the past but they came up empty here.

And Cosmo, Big John is no cry baby, believe me.

And as far as Papelbon...I'll save my comments because they'd sound like I was the cry baby now.

Bob...best of luck in the ALCS. That team will be a handful to say the least.

Take care guys. I may take off a few to reflect on all of this. But, as I said a almost a month ago, I am going to look back on that magical weekend when we clinched, KRod tied and broke the saves record, and we had a magical home stand. I'll draw from the happiness I had then to get me thru this right now.

Thanks again.

I can understand Lackey being pissed off at the outcome of the game/series, but at least try to show a little class and quit your crying:

:river

His teammates must love the way he reacts on the field to their miscues. :eek:

They way he acted on the bobble by Kendrick, was unbelievable. It was not going to be a double play. And with Elsbury's speed we would of scored on Pedroia's double any way.

Lackey got out pitched by Lester in both games he started. He will now go down as the ultimate baseball crybaby. And by the way Lackey, Pedroia's ball probably would of been a homerun in other parks.

I guess Papelbon is the flavor of the month now for Boston sports haters.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)