The Hobbit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=2429
Then there's The Hobbit, Tolkien's prequel to the Rings adventures. Wood says that while the crews in New Zealand are up for it, Jackson initially said no because he had already invested a large part of his life in the trilogy. "At this point, Peter's now considering it because I think he just doesn't want anyone else to do it. If it's done, he knows and I think everybody else knows, that the only way to do it is to continue it in New Zealand with the same artists so that it has some sort of visual continuity to these films. So, you never know."
:thumbsup:

I sure hope so. The Hobbit is a great story, but it could be done poorly. Peter Jackson has at least done well with LOTR. Sure I miss and notice where the movies don't match up to the book, but still its as well done as I could hope for in this day and age.

Peter Jackson to Produce "The Hobbit"!!!

Fantastic news! See here:

PETER JACKSON AND NEW LINE CINEMA JOIN WITH MGM TO PRODUCE “THE HOBBIT†| Hobbit Movie News and Rumors | TheOneRing.net™ | The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Movie News and Rumors

It doesn't say who the director on the films will be, but as long as Peter's involved, I'm sure it'll fit with the LotR films. Thank God New Line settled with him on the profits for Fellowship. Now we know that "The Hobbit" is in capable hands.

I think it's good that they're going to split it into 2 movies. There's quite a bit of sub-adventurers in the book.

The first one is to be named "The Hobbit".
They don't give a name for the second, but my guess would be "There and Back Again", as the full title of the book is "The Hobbit, or There and Back Again".

I wonder if they'll get any of following cast back, as they're in the book.
Gandalf - Ian McKellan
Bilbo - Ian Holm
Elrond - Hugo Weaving
Gollum - Andy Serkis

Gimli's father Gloin could be played by John Rhys-Davis.

Sounds good. Can't wait to see them.

I would think that McKellan would be more than happy to return if he can. He's a huge Tolkien fan and was a big part in making the LotR movies besides just playing his role and I'm sure Serkis will do gollum again. The others I'm not so sure about. I'm sure they would try and get Hugo back for Elrond, but Bilbo could be recast pretty easily since he'll be younger in these movies.

I do remember in the Extended DVD addition of LOTR, that they had a seen where Frodo and the Hobbits camped out at the location were Bilbo had tricked the trolls into staying out until daylight, where they were turned to stone. Its been years since I've viewed that seen, but I wonder if they will sync up the sets to provide that aspect of continuity?

Oh no! That stinks! I sure wish they would get this together! And wow, what an old thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts