The Honeymoon is Over with My 721 Already

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I like channel surfing.. but i have to say the delay has gotten me to flip through the guide more.

Also, if you hit the buttons faster, you can read the show on the top bar, and flip through them that way. Has a bad habit of changing channel once you studder, but it satisfies my urge to surf.

I know that the DirecTv nonDVR receivers change channels a bit quicker than Dish Network nonDVR receivers. How do the DirecTv DVR receivers change channels compared to the Dish Network DVR receivers?

GaryPen said:
Bob - I've also noticed that sometimes after a "skip ahead", there is no audio. A "skip back", or pause/play will restore sound. Actually, I don't find it too bothersome. It'll be nice if they can fix it.

One thing I don't like is that it seems to skip a second when going from FF to Play. My 510 didn't do that. I like to FF in between pitches of a ball game, and I have to press "play" a little earlier now, or it skips past the swing.

rsebolt - I think I'll give it another week, and see how it behaves, before asking for a replacement.

When it's working correctly, which is most of the time. It's a very nice product. I know it took them a year or two to get it to this level, which is a shame. This is the minimum functionality with which I would expect a product to be released, with only a few minor bugs.

Hey Gary you are absolutely right we shouldn't have any glitches but I'm like you I have learned to live with the short comings.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)