"The I have returned..sort of" Thoughts to Ponder edition.

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I just want to let everyone know that I am fine. The truth is that I have been trying for weeks to replace my computer. Everything to replace my computer like androids, I-Pads etc. were either too much money or just wasn't what I was looking for. I haven't been able to get to a computer either because I wasnt feeling well or my mom wasnt feeling well. Not only that, money is tight.

What has happened is that if you remember, I told you that my memory/system board had shut down. Well, it seems like it will be cheaper to have that fixed as opposed to buying an android or buying a laptop.

So with that, I just want to assure all of you that I am fine and hopefully I will get back to reading and responding to your posts on a regular basis very soon.

That being said, anything happen in the sports world that I should know about???:)
I do apologize in advance if I'm repeating anything you guys said. I haven't gone through all the pages of each thread yet. Ok, here we go.

1)Well, the MLB Postseason is in high gear. I personally went with the Red Sox over the Pirates in the World Series but that won't happen obviously. I think the Red Sox have something special this year. I was really rooting for the Pirates and the Indians to make a strong run at the playoffs but I guess wait until next year.

2) Got to admit that Evan Longoria is a winning player. You cant get this guy out. He's a lot like Shane Victorino of the Red Sox. Evan is very clutch.

3)Wait a second..is Mariano Rivera's retirement still going on?? Just seemed like it went on forever. I will say that he deserved all the accolades he got at Yankee Stadium on that Sunday and Tuesday. He's the greatest of all time. The Yankees will be missing him for years to come.

4) I heard some Yankee fans talk about the injuries this past season. That's true but when they were rolling after getting A-Rod back and Soriano coming from the Cubs, that talk kind of disappeared until the Yankees were out of it. You can't have it both ways. And btw, your not the only team with injuries, which leads me too...

5) Matt Harvey having Tommy John surgery. What a kick to the face hearing that. The Mets never catch a break. Well, I hope he comes back healthly as that's the most important thing.

6)Football season is in full swing. I had picked the Broncos over the Seahawks in the Super Bowl and that may happen. Peyton Manning is on another level. I wish I could say the same for his brother.

7) Giants 0-5. Just shocked. I mean they've looked horrible. The offense line cant protect Eli and Eli throwing the ball up and getting INT, reminds me more of Brett Favre. Very hard to believe. There defense hasnt been good either. They've given up 182 pts. so far. That won't get it done.

8) Did you guys see that PBS docu. about the NFL and concussions "A League of Denial"? Very good and powerful stuff. The league comes off as shady dismissing all the finding about concussions. Being a big wrestling fan that I am, I know who Chris Nowinski was based on his days in WWE.

9) Another game in England. Enough already!! Why is this happening? Its our game not England's. I've also heard that they may have a franchise there? Seriously? Your going to make a team fly all the way to England for a game? Dont understand it. Wont have an 18 game schedule yet flying to England and having Thursday night games is ok???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)