The "I Want 1 RSN" Thread !!

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
This thread is dedicated to those of us who get no local sports love from E* At all!! ..Just give me MSG in SD or SNY or YES................

Moscow,NY? (located in the Town of Russia) which is next to........The Town of Poland

Been through that area many times. I went to High School just outside of Utica.

And yes, I want MSG. I was forced to watch the Sabres via p2p web sites this past winter.

Last edited:
I'm betting not going to happen. Direct TV is your friend. I think Dish made it clear there are not enough subscribers who care about those RSN's that they need to pay outrageous prices and possibly have to raise everyone's cost. They are financially better to lose some customers, and not have to raise everyone else to subsidize 3 RSN's, all overpriced, from NY.

If you are all really serious that you want those RSN's, and would like to stay with Dish, go after the RSN's, not to necessarily lower their price, but to allow them to be sold A La Carte.
Based on the rumored cost of the new Lakers RSN, ($3.50 per month, per subscriber) I would say you are looking at $10 to $12 or so for the three NY RSN's per month. Very few are going to pay that kind of money added to their package, and thus why Dish is not carrying them. Make it A La cart, lower the package price some. Remember, the package price will only be lowered a fraction of that amount, because that is all Dish is allotting for the RSN's. In many markets the amount works, but with three high priced RSN's, it does not fit.

Realize, Dish (or Direct) does not want to start charging package prices based on your RSN's. That would be crazy. There could be no national advertising of prices, etc.... add to that the people who do not want to pay for them, basically because they are so high. This isn't the same as paying for some relatively cheap channels in a package that you may not really watch. These are what should be premium channels, at a premium cost. The day is coming that Direct will have to finally say no too, or be priced out by Dish. Again, I think it is being overestimated how many actually want the RSN's bad enough to pay these prices, especially at this time.

Last edited:
I'm betting not going to happen. Direct TV is your friend. I think Dish made it clear there are not enough subscribers who care about those RSN's that they need to pay outrageous prices and possibly have to raise everyone's cost. They are financially better to lose some customers, and not have to raise everyone else to subsidize 3 RSN's, all overpriced, from NY.
I think u r confusing "stuck in a contract" with "not caring"..If they dont want to carry an RSN they should atleast compensate customers for the inconvenience rather keeping the additional cash (that was used prior) for RSNs in his pocket!!

but something does need to be done for our new york friends

I know first hand you can be compensated assuming you signed up when MSG or SNY was carried. The problem comes in if you signed up when they were not available, and are paying the same as others who get their RSN's. I can only guess if you pay on time always, Dish would give you something. But it is harder when you sign up knowing the RSN is not there.
I do agree 100%, you should get a rebate if you do not have an RSN that Dish carried but now does not. YES does not come under this, they never carried it. Also keep in mind, the amount allotted for RSN's in the packages is not as much as you would think as I pointed out above. It has been geared to one or maybe two RSN's in a DMA, at what was much lower cost than now. The disproportionate amount they are now asking, while insisting they be part of the package is what the problem is. It may be why Direct can not offer a lesser cost package like top120+ that includes RSN's.

Last edited:
I know first hand you can be compensated assuming you signed up when MSG or SNY was carried. The problem comes in if you signed up when they were not available, and are paying the same as others who get their RSN's. I can only guess if you pay on time always, Dish would give you something. But it is harder when you sign up knowing the RSN is not there.
I do agree 100%, you should get a rebate if you do not have an RSN that Dish carried but now does not. YES does not come under this, they never carried it. Also keep in mind, the amount allotted for RSN's in the packages is not as much as you would think as I pointed out above. It has been geared to one or maybe two RSN's in a DMA, at what was much lower cost than now. The disproportionate amount they are now asking, while insisting they be part of the package is what the problem is. It may be why Direct can not offer a lesser cost package like top120+ that includes RSN's.
per charlie 1-2 bucks

Haven't we been down this road a few times already? And it always dead ends.

I've never tried this, but heard of companies flipping the bill to get out of contracts. Maybe your cable company or DirecTV could cover your bill if you switch.

I love being with Dish, but NESN and VS. are a must in my home for Hockey season. If they're not on Dish, then I'm not with Dish.

At least there's possibility of MSG and YES coming back to Dish. My RSN (CSN Philly) has never been on D* or E* due to a legal loophole until recently and now comcast is just playing keep away.

At least there's possibility of MSG and YES coming back to Dish. My RSN (CSN Philly) has never been on D* or E* due to a legal loophole until recently and now comcast is just playing keep away.

I'm waiting for the fall to see if MSG comes back. If not, I'll see what it costs to upgrade my Lifeline cable to regular or digital. It costs me $17/mo now for Lifeline in addition to regular Road Runner. $12 for Lifeline plus the $5 surcharge for not have regular cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts