The Inner Circle: March 2005

SactoCal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Sorry if someone already mentioned this.

I received a new VoOm news letter titled "The Inner Circle: March 2005" Lots of links and information about new channels and general HD promotional stuff today in my email, just 1 day before d-day. It sure looks like VoOm will be here for awhile to me.

D- Day

Well, I have paid for next months programming. Now comes the interesting question to me. Do I think they will turn me off after paying for service? All this stuff is a big game. $$$$$$$$$$ is all it is about. Positioning for the deal. Cable vision wants to off Voom. Dolan wants to keep it. Dolan is doing Cablevision a favor. He will make millions though. No fiduciary. Cablevision wants to off it. Voom LLC will take it for....... How much?? Under cost? Dolan is doing the market a favor by keeping competition alive. He wins I win by continuing the programming. He gets big advertizement for free. Subscriptions go up. Echovision bit the hook. Sure it would have been a good deal but after all is said and done. The FCC does the deed. Now who will buy it. But.... I betting Voom knows what is going on and after telling me that Voom was shutting down, won't go ahead and charge customers for next month because that would be a fraud.

I looked over the newsletter (my first--yeah!), but didn't see mention of the 50 channels to be added, etc. that longtime subs were told by letter recently. Any ideas why that's the case?

Cast your Vote…

There is also a Poll on the site: What types of shows do you like to watch in HD?
Stop by and cast your vote because voom is listening to us. :clap

They list all the new channels, and it does not list WGN. I guess we are not getting that channel, after all. What a shame. They said they were getting it before, but did not deliver. :mad:

Interesting Channel Stats…

Lucky said:
They list all the new channels, and it does not list WGN. I guess we are not getting that channel, after all. What a shame. They said they were getting it before, but did not deliver. :mad:
Lucky, If you are referring to the Channel Lineup on the Voom web site, that listing only contains channels that are currently available and not necessarily channels that might be added in the future, so don’t lose hope just yet. ;)

BTW, Here are some channel statistics that I compiled from that listing.
According to that list we have:

38 HD Channels (Basic, VaVaVoom & Playboy)
114 SD Channels (Basic & VaVaVoom)
  23 Digital Music Channels
175 Total Available (Basic, VaVaVoom, Playboy, & Music)

130 Voom Basic Package (26-HD, 81-SD, 23-Music)
174 VaVa Voom Package (130-Basic + 11-HD, 33-SD)​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)