TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Interview

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Evan Goldberg[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Seth Rogen[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]James Franco[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Seth Rogen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lizzy Caplan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Randall Park[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Timothy Simons[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tommy Chang[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anesha Bailey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Cox[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charles Rahi Chun[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Reese Alexander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diana Bang[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Yi[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-12-25[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]112[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Dave Skylark is king of the celebrity interview and host of the hit night time talk show "Skylark Tonight." The brain behind Dave's empire is his producer and best friend, Aaron Rapoport. Unfulfilled, Aaron yearns to do meaningful work. He scores the chance of a lifetime when he secures an interview for Dave with Kim Jong-Un, the mysterious and ruthless dictator of a nuclear-armed North Korea. As Dave and Aaron prepare to leave for North Korea, they are approached by the CIA and asked to assassinate Kim. They accept the mission, becoming two of the least qualified men ever to assassinate – or interview – the most dangerous man on earth.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
iQGin61rrsy3c80ux5cFJU6xsZG.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

It may or may not have been nothing but a publicity stunt, but it got me to see "The Interview"
In a word, this movie was silly. In a few more words, the movie was crude, childish, and, most importantly, silly.... oh so silly.
The humor was all based around sexual innuendo (a brand of Italian suppository I suppose) and bodily function jokes. But it was funny.
It wasn't a laugh a minute funny, but it was consistently stupid-funny.
As you all know, the plot of this movie centers around a producer and an idiot interviewer getting an interview with the leader of North Korea. The duo is approached by the CIA with a proposal to kill him. And, if anyone has paid attention to the news, Sony released the scene where it happens. And if you didn't know that, it's time to crawl back in your cave!
This movie is definitely not a movie I would have seen in the theater, and I really can;t recommend it. However it is not a total disappointment if you are into middle-school boys' level humor.

The movie is very liberal with foul language, sexual situations, and violence. All are played for laughs at all times. They usually succeed.

No groans... two stars at most. Thank you North Korea for essentially making me watch this movie if this wasn't all an elaborate publicity stunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts