The Last Straw

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
After all this....

Ordered 622 March 20 given install Date April 15
April 15 no 622 delivered, no 622 brought by installer.
Called April 15 and was assured it was coming via UPS.
Called April 16 and tried to cancel and was told it was coming and could not cancel
Called April 17 was told it is coming and I had PRIORITY install when it arrived.
Called April 18 was told it had not been shipped and I had to requalify for it to be shipped. The soonest install date was May 24

Cancelled order and got refund of my $299.

This is the last business I will ever do with Dish Network

Greg Mueller said:
After all this....

Called April 16 and tried to cancel and was told it was coming and could not cancel
Called April 17 was told it is coming and I had PRIORITY install when it arrived.
Called April 18 was told it had not been shipped and I had to requalify for it to be shipped. The soonest install date was May 24

Congratulations.

I Know What You Mean

I've had avery similar experience with Dish. I tried three times (long phone calls to "Colorado") to get a straight answer, and finally someone spilled the beans on the fourth call; they ran out of 622's. I wish they had simply told the truth before scheduling two bogus installations. It cost me a lot of time.

Apparently the only time they give a sh*t about you is when you pull your money back out of their pockets. I got a call this evening saying they were "real sorry for the way I've been treated and no one should be treated that way,and that they were out of 622s and would be for 4 weeks". "And is there anything I can say to get our relationship back together?"
I told them I've heard all the lies before and no there was nothing he could say. One thing about liars is....they lie. I have about 16 mos left on my 211 contract and I'm gone.

They never bothered to answer an email or pay any attention, until I took my $299 back for the 622. I think that pretty much sums up Dish Network

I signed up for Dish Network and a 622 on Monday 4/17. At the start of the phone call, the ship date was 5/12. After the CSR answered a few of my questions, he entered my order and the ship date was 5/17.

I'll hold on to Comcast until my 622 and 625 are installed and working

Ron

I thought someone said they would be a big shortage of 622s for the next 3 weeks so a May 17th install seems about right.

Greg Mueller said:
After all this....

At least you got out before Dish took ALL of your money !

dishguy15022 said:
my office said that it may take sometime for the customers to receiver their 622. I don't remember if they said if it was a shortage or some of them were defective. I'll have to get back to you on that
2:38 AM posts are so informative about their poster.:rolleyes:

Well that might be do the install or how the Dish is setting. Yes the 129 is a little weaker but should not be too much. Overall Dish 1000 works great in my area and have had no real issues.

It's the 129 foot print.
It just doesn't cover the coast well, but they install them anyway. Then, it doesn't work and you have to come up with your own fix as Dish is in denial over it.

I told them to shove it, when they said it would be another month and I would have to requalify for it. They wanted to give me an install date of May 24 and said that was the best they could do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)