The Latest Verizon Wireless News

Verizon adds push-to-talk to Android phones, makes smart walkie-talkies

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/08/verizon-push-to-talk-android/

Push to talk hmm I thought that was a think of the past..

It still has its uses. Until about a week ago Verizon's PTT only worked with 3g. Now they came out with a 4g version but the 4g devices can't PTT with the 3g devices (according to my rep it will be another month at least before that is working).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Until the entire network is LTE, I would not buy one.
They have a large portion of it covered, but certainly not all. Especially in rural areas.

Of course....this is two years out. Alot can change between now and then when it comes to coverage.

I would think it would also make calls from the 4G and 3G networks as well, it would just default to LTE first.

I just picked up a nicety from Verizon for some of us with contracts.

The offer is $10/month discount for a year and is called Customer Loyalty. It is NOT on their webpage, you have to call or chat to get it. Just contact them and ask specifically about a possible Customer Loyalty that gives a $10 discount for a year.

It does add a year to your contract if you take it, but it does not change your 'upgrade' date.

Also ask about the free 1Gb of data for a year.

I asked about both, took about 5 minutes on chat and got both. It is a very good deal if you don't mind the contract extension.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk