The mandatory extra Joey with 2 Hoppers and 3 TVs - Maybe not so bad.

patmurphey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
I had my 2 Hopper 2 Joey 3 TV installation yesterday and I was going to ask the installer to take the extra Joey back, but then had a better idea. I had the extra Joey put next to the Hopper on my family room (primary household) TV, and installed it on a different HDMI port. I linked it to the other Hopper in an upstairs bedroom. I put the 2 HDMI inputs on my Harmony remote and I can now, with one button, switch to the other Hopper's programming, controlled by the Joey remote. One click on the Harmony remote and I'm back on the first Hopper. Or, I could just switch Hoppers on the Joey, sticking with the Joey for both Hopper's programming (but I use the Harmony for amplifier and TV functions and I like PIP and PIP swap). Either way, pretty good whole home access for $7 per month while waiting for the Hopper communication software - my bill goes up $1 instead of down $7.

When the software is updated, I will either get another TV or send back the extra Joey. My installer installed splitters to all kinds of coax running all over my house. He said I could move Joeys to anywhere one of those coax cables came out.

Stupid rules sometimes work out for the best That extra Joey in a 2 Hopper set up can easily be worth $7 per month.:D

Great solution but for a lot of people that extra $7 may not work for their budget. I read that some others did the same as you. Sounds like a sweet setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)