The Mentalist

I feel like CBS failed in how they aired this. The last episode should have been aired back to back or on sequential nights with next week's episode to kick the reboot off right.

I was sitting around waiting for something to happen and then the episode is over. Way too slow for what it was meant to be; and worse, more groundwork is needed next week!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I thought it was bad with Red John now I wonder if it is time to find something else at that time period.

First episode---if you can call it that---was a complete waste of time, but after 5-1/2 years I'm willing to give it the rest of the season to see how things develop with the reboot. I don't know which one is worse...spending an entire episode trying to establish the groundwork for the show's Flashforward 2-years, or just Flashfoward the 2-years in which Jane, Lisbon and Cho are working on Abbot's FBI team and let the audience catch-up. Also, if the reboot wasn't "click" then CBS will not hesitate to cancel the show since it is already in syndication and Simon Baker is taking home a huge paycheck. To be honest, it will take a miracle for The Mentalist to be renewed for another year (big ratings and/or a reduction in salaries) and I don't see those odds improving with Abbot on the team. Regardless, the next 2-3 or episodes will reveal all.

I take is that Jane and Lisbon will both be FBI consultants with Abbot yelling at them to solve cases, and Cho assigned to keep them out-of-trouble. Meanwhile, we've already seen a relationship budding between Jane and Lisbon, with that new FBI agent tossed into the mix for a little sexual tension.

I look at it as even they were getting tired of RJ,so instead of waiting for the season end,series end?,they got it over with early.Now they have half a season to throw something at the wall and see if it sticks.If it does,fine,if it doesn't,also fine.

As far as the ratings go,I'm sure the "it'll be on sometime Sunday nite,maybe",time slot doesn't help a bit.

Despite the fact that there was a real case in tonight´s episode, I didn´t find it much interesting since they still went around to try to establish the basis for this new Mentalist.

If tonight's episode is a template for future shows, I like it.
We've established Jane has the upper hand, one thing which was putting me off.

Strangely, I kinda liked it too...although if I were Jane I wouldn't be so cavalier about having the "upper hand" when it comes to facing prison time. I would have taken the deal and been grateful. Regardless, I just love how the Federal Prison in Austin TX had the San Bernadino mountains in the background.

What's going on with Jane and Lisbon? Are they are a wanna be couple or just friends? In other words, does she want to team with Jane because she misses the excitement of their law enforcement relationship? Or does she really want a bite of his hot dog (hold the onions)? Also, I'm not buying this FBI Agent Kim Fischer being so ga ga over Jane that she resorts to questioning Lisbon about their relationship. Watching that scene made me cringe.

Maybe it´s just me, but I don´t like the romantic/relationship element in my crime/detective/police dramas. If I wanted the romance element I´d turn somewhere else.

Strangely, I kinda liked it too...although if I were Jane I wouldn't be so cavalier about having the "upper hand" when it comes to facing prison time. I would have taken the deal and been grateful. Regardless, I just love how the Federal Prison in Austin TX had the San Bernadino mountains in the background.
I liked it too.
Seemed to be mountains in the background of that rooftop in Brooklyn too.:D

The Mentalist is still bringing in 10M viewers when adjusted up for DVR viewers. If they keep it up they may just be renewed for the 10:00 PM Sunday time slot next year.

10:00PM CBS The Mentalist 1.7 4 9.64
ABC Betrayal 0.8 2 3.10

CBS extends 'Judge Judy' through 2020

The Odd Couple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)