The missing Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the holiday season. It's a whole season ya know. IF it was the "Christmas" channel you'd have something, both sirius channels (3?) say holiday music. Holiday music is anything revolving around this time of year. Could be about the snow, could be about christmas, could be about santa, could be anything.

Christmas is about santa claus. Get over it. You all buy presents, you'll call 911 if someone has a heart attack, so quit pretending to be holier than thou already. If you want songs about jesus I'd suggest turning on the christian channel. I don't turn on the Elvis channel and complain there's no elvis costello even though i'd have them on a technicality...

Purogamer said:
so quit pretending to be holier than thou already.
I don't think that you'll find any "holier than thou" in any of my posts. If you'll read them, you'll find that all I did was ask why carols are excluded from these channels. I love music about snow and Santa and Silver Bells and "children all aglow". But whatever world you live in, this is a holiday about CHRISTmas. You can't change that even if you don't believe in God. According to the latest Fox News poll, 97% of Americans celebrate Christmas. These are facts that you can't change. I'm certainly not holy, much less holier than anyone else. This is not about me or anything that I do or did, it's about what Jesus did.

I've never thought, or heard anyone else talk, about jesus on christmas eve or christmas morning. I and most other people buy gifts for loved ones to say I care about them. Not "I bought this gift for you so we could celebrate jesus together". Christmas as we celebrate it today in a modern world isn't about jesus or what the story says he did.

Tom in TX said:
I remember, in grade school (Catholic), we couldn't write the word "Xmas", because that was taking "Christ" out of Christmas. And that was almost forty years ago!
Merry Christmas!!!
Tom in TX
Your Catholic teachers need to go back to school.
First, it is not the english letter X in Xmas, it is the greek letter ? (chi). The ? character looks somewhat like a capital X so uninformed people assume that's what it is. It is actually the first letter of ??????? the Greek word for Christ. This abreviation has been used for several hundred years. Ancient Christian art uses X and XP to denote Christ as do many manuscripts for the New Testament. The Oxford dictionary lists this abreviation back at least to the mid 1500's, about 50 years before the first English colonists came to this continent.
Get over it!
Mario

Purogamer said:
I've never thought, or heard anyone else talk, about jesus on christmas eve or christmas morning. . . . . Christmas as we celebrate it today in a modern world isn't about jesus or what the story says he did.
Unless you are pulling my leg, I am absolutely amazed. Maybe things are different in Ohio than down here in the Bible Belt, but there is a lot of evidence to the contrary.

A Fox News poll of 12/5/2005 reported: "Virtually all Americans — 95 percent — say they celebrate Christmas, 4 percent celebrate Hanukkah and 3 percent Kwanzaa.

A 57 percent majority considers Christmas a religious holiday, 14 percent see it as a cultural holiday and 27 percent see it as both. Americans consider a Christmas tree a cultural symbol (69 percent) rather than a religious one (14 percent)."

Merry Christmas, regardless of the way you celebrate it.

Oh americans celebrate christmas, no doubt (Unless they're jewish, muslim, etc...), but that doesn't mean they go to church on christmas or praise jesus on the 25th. They drink egg nog and open presents, both of which have nothing to do with jesus. Christmas isn't about jesus until you walk into the church. Everywhere else it's about being with ones you love and buying them crap they don't need.

Plenty of bible lovers here in Red-State ohio, trust me, but they're as hypocritical as anyone else. Say "I'm a christian" to a pollster while you're on your way to th

Kind of ironic that the majority celebrate christmas, which they say is a religious holiday, with a non-religious symbol...Kinda shows how out of whack things are no?

Maybe it's called the holiday channel because not everyone celebrates christmas. Not everyone wants to hear about jesus. I realize you do, but plenty of people don't. They want to hear seasonal music and that's what they play.

Purogamer said:
Oh americans celebrate christmas, no doubt (Unless they're jewish, muslim, etc...), but that doesn't mean they go to church on christmas or praise jesus on the 25th. They drink egg nog and open presents, both of which have nothing to do with jesus. Christmas isn't about jesus until you walk into the church. Everywhere else it's about being with ones you love and buying them crap they don't need.
Exactly! My wife and I celebrate christmas and always have. Neither of us are christians so the religious aspects of this holliday mean nothing to us. Sharing with your loved ones is what it's about for us. December 25th is as good a day to do this as any other.

I know a lot of people who watch a stupid rodent on groundhog day. None of them believe the crap about the shadow and spring, it's just fun to watch them pester the old rodent. :p

Mario

dogpoobob, I agree some people are trying there best to ruin this time of the year. It would be nice if people would quit finding something to get worked up about and mind there own business. If I say Merry Christmas and I have no reply then I will go on, apparently it's not that persons view. If a Jew said Happy Hanukah I would say Merry Christmas and let it be and they would too. Personally I don't want to loss an old tradition because the minority says so. Minority has every right to do there own thing too, just go find it and leave me alone and the rest of the majority.
also see post: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=48531

My enjoyment isn't diminished by those who find no joy in Christmas. If all it means is an opportunity to give someone some "crap that they don't need", it is indeed an empty holiday. All I wanted to do with this thread was lament that the music channels have been intimidated by those who would remove the only source of real joy from the season. I've got plenty of Christmas CDs with carols on them. I hope that all those that are offended by the true story of Christmas as it is sung and played in carols will take a moment and listen to the words in a few of those carols and maybe investigate what it's all about. It ain't about Christians, or what they tell pollsters.
I'm on to better things. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!:luvlove:

True Meaning Of Christmas?

The true meaning was a pagan ritual called Saturnalia. Do a search for History of Christmas and you'll find that the pope of the time, in an attempt to bring the pagans into Christianity, hijacked their rituals – Saturnalia being one of them. Where in the Bible does it say when Christ was born? It doesn't. Where in the bible does it say to celebrate His birth? It doesn't. We’re only commanded to commemorate his death and resurrection. In fact, most Biblical scholars think Jesus was born in early fall. Why would the shepards be tending their sheep in the fields in the dead of winter? Wouldn’t they be in the barn? In fact the pope simply declared Dec 25 to be His birthday.

Some say Jeremiah 10:1-5 referees to making idols out of trees. Some think the godlike qualities of Santa Claus are blasphemous. St. Nicolas was real, but Santa Clause is not. Did you know that Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer was written by the store Montgomery Wards so as to bring people into the store for the shopping season?

Christ is not in christmas. If you are open minded and can read, you'll find out the truth.

dogpoobob said:
...A Fox News poll of 12/5/2005 reported: "Virtually all Americans — 95 percent — say they celebrate Christmas, 4 percent celebrate Hanukkah and 3 percent Kwanzaa...

Leave it to Fox to come up with 102% of American's Celebrate one of the three HOLIDAY'S during this time of year. Who do you think voted twice? Hmm

While I'm not saying FOX is credible, people can't celebrate christmas and chanukah, they're one or the other...but celebrating kwanzaa doesn't mean you can't celebrate christmas or chanukah. Kwanzaa isn't a religious holiday, it's a cultural holiday.

Purogamer said:
While I'm not saying FOX is credible, people can't celebrate christmas and chanukah, they're one or the other...but celebrating kwanzaa doesn't mean you can't celebrate christmas or chanukah. Kwanzaa isn't a religious holiday, it's a cultural holiday.

There are many people that celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah and recently the concept Chrismukkah has entered the pop culture courtesy of the Fox teen drama the O.C.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110005919

It might not be compatible with some peoples interpretations of their faith, but I think it fits in with the overall holiday spirit and our common heritage.

I hear you, dogpoobob. I tried to listen to music a few times and after hearing crap like Frosty, Jingle Bells and other crap I turned the sh*t off. I say buy your own CDs so you can enjoy some good music. I was disappointed that I couldn't turn on anything that played good music.

I don't celebrate Christmas much nor spend much money because I don't believe in it because it’s a pagan holiday although some claim that Christ was conceived on that date. He sure in the hell wasn’t born then and another guy earlier in this thread said it's a pagan holiday by a Roman (Constantine was his name) to bring up attendence of the church by bringing in the pagans and their traditions. Easter is another pagan holiday worshipping the goddess of fertility and thus all the eggs and bunnies. And the Sunday mass of pointing to the east waiting for the sun to rise is from sun god worship. Another heresy and blasphemy brought to you by the Catholic Church cult in my studied and knowledgeable opinion. Jesus did not die on Friday and was not resurrected on Sunday.

Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Mat 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
Mat 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

So this being a holiday which means time off then it’s a good time to get together with family and have a dinner like on Thanksgiving and if you want to give a few gifts then this is a good time to hand out KJV Bibles and perhaps make some food or fruit baskets to give out instead of giving money to the damn retailers like slave labor Wal-Mart or the bastards at Target who I hear banned the Salvation Army bell ringers that want to stomp out Christ from this holiday although it’s not a Christian holiday. Helping out the needy is another good cause instead of spending a fortune on people with the pagan tradition of the exchanging of gifts.
This holiday makes me sick with the Baal worship with trees and sun god with lights and Yule logs were babies thrown into bonfires as sacrifices to Satan or whatever form or name they worshiped him with. However I’m going to celebrate it to the extent of saying Merry Christmas as often as I can because the world hates it.

So we have a nation claiming to be Christian where the only two times many of them attend church is the two biggest pagan holidays. Merry Christmas!

Speaking of Catholics…

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
1Ti 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
1Ti 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

Now the Catholic cult is the most evil by not only creating the pagan holidays above, but by telling their young men that they can’t marry which is cruel not to mention being unbiblical. I could go on for hours about this biggest corporation in the world but for brevity I’ll leave it to this:

Gen 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Gen 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
Gen 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Gen 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Gen 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Merry Christmas!!!

Another thing... Why should the children grow up to believe in Christ when they were told that there was a Santa, Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny which isn't true?

Last edited:
Reminds me of the song I heard on the radio the other morning..."Santa Clause will take you to hell"...including the line "You tell them there's a santa...you know that is a lie..."

Brought to you by the god-fearing folks behind godhatesfags.com...lovely people...

Dogpoobob Is Right.....very Right!

I know what you mean Dogpoobob. First they took the Saturn out of Saturnalia.......then the Yule out of Yuletide. Romans and Vikings got a tough break. When will these godless attacks stop!! (Happy Kwanza)

Also, would have appreciated it if Roger The Living Legend had warned us about his spoiler concerning Santa, the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. Now I am deeply depressed but I'll get over it.

Last edited:
Slamminc11 said:
Leave it to Fox to come up with 102% of American's Celebrate one of the three HOLIDAY'S during this time of year. Who do you think voted twice? Hmm

I saw that FOX poll. It allowed multiple selections. I'm sure there are quite a few Christian/Jewish households that celebrate both.

Not sure why Kwanzaa was included, it has nothing to do with the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts