The Most Recent Change And Page Load Times

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than a few people liked the original/default style.... I wish there was a way to bring it back and simply leave it as-is and not worry about updating it.

I know it's been ruled out, but your hop # 13 is a non-issue. Looking at the other ping times, including the other (2) pings to # 13, that 300+ number was a fluke or glitch. Do it again and I'm guessing it doesn't happen.
The Satguys fluid is similar to the original one, just a lot less white area.

More than a few people liked the original/default style.... I wish there was a way to bring it back and simply leave it as-is and not worry about updating it.

I actually hoped that we would keep the classic style as well. But there were a few php changes I made for the customizable styles and unfortunately the classic style didn't render correctly because of those changes.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

With that change I am done working on the system for the weekend. :)

I actually hoped that we would keep the classic style as well. But there were a few php changes I made for the customizable styles and unfortunately the classic style didn't render correctly because of those changes.

So much for getting away for the weekend... Eva needs to hide your phone!

Maybe I'm mixing them up then. There have been so many changes it's hard to keep track.

Well dang it! Why is it still so ponderous on my old computer? If I have 5 or more tabs open, my MPU fan goes up to high. So something consumptive is happening that wasn't happening before. And you guys with 16-core computers don't see this.

Try choosing one of the styles with the No Sticky Navbar option. Sounds like the extra javascript that uses may be slowing you down.

Well dang it! Why is it still so ponderous on my old computer? If I have 5 or more tabs open, my MPU fan goes up to high. So something consumptive is happening that wasn't happening before. And you guys with 16-core computers don't see this.

I still have an old Windows XP laptop with a small Intel Celeron M single core processor, so I know what you are talking about. One time I had this poor little guy connected the internet and I pulled up the task manager where I could see what was using most of the processor. Most large sites would max out the processor at 100% just loading their home page. Try that with your browser open on yours and go from site to site, changing pages within the sites also. You will quickly learn what sites and pages are resource hogs. Comparing FF, Chrome and IE I have found that IE is lightest on resources, but that also depends on what version of IE you have and what is running on the different sites you visit. Sites that have more adds or certain types of adds or software that require Java usually take up more, a lot more. Then visit a site that has no adds like the NWS home page. Big difference. Even my main PC here at home that has a large 4 core (Intel Q9650) processor has gone over 50% just browsing through some of "these" sites. One thing you might try is disabling some of the processes you have running in the background on your home computer. If you are unsure how to do this bleepingcomputer would be a good place to start. Hope this helps.:)

Reactions: TheKrell

Time marches on... to consume all CPU cycles...

Everyone wants a lot of eye candy and magic to happen when you hover... A modern processor has no issues, but older ones do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts