The Muppets

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Muppets

Tagline: They're closer than you think.

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Musical[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]James Bobin[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Emily Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Krasinski[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zach Galifianakis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jack Black[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Segel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jim Parsons[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mickey Rooney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Neil Patrick Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Cooper[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Jeong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alan Arkin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Vogel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Rudman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rashida Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Steve Whitmire[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dave Grohl[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eric Jacobson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dave Goelz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Justin Tinucci[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sarah Silverman[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2011-11-22[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]103[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]When Kermit the Frog and the Muppets learn that their beloved theater is slated for demolition, a sympathetic human, Gary, and his puppet roommate, Walter, swoop in to help the gang put on a show and raise the $10 million they need to save the day.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
Ai7JRZFEXXOX7rhgfeL861zZtWv.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

As someone who grew up in the 70's the Muppets was a big part of my life growing up. When I heard that someone was bringing the franchise back I was very nervous that it might not live up to the standards Jim Henson had.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the cast did as they were able to bring back that old Muppets feel. I also liked the way they paid were able to pay tribute to Jim Henson in the movie.

This was the best Muppet movie since the original Muppet Movie from 1977. It was fun witty and muisical. I loved how they poked fun at themselves and the difference of time since we last say them.

Its even more amazing to think that they recreated everything so that everything looked as it did when the Muppet Show aired in the 70's, this includes all of the puppets which they had to recreate as all the old puppets from the 70's were falling apart over time. Everyone looked like they did and with just a few exceptions everyone sounded like they did. (A few voices were a little off, but close enough.)

And like all Muppet Movies it taught a lesson and had its touching parts as well. Sometimes you forgot you were watching puppets on the movie screen.

Sure it was a kids movie, but when I saw it in the theater I saw that the adults were loving it as much as the kids were. And some of the hidden jokes they had only the parents who grew up with the Muppets would get were great as well.

I am sure Jim Henson would have been proud of this one. The did an amazing job of bringing the Muppets back! Now only if they would bring back the TV show for the current generations kids to enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts