The N

Lurker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
I hear that "The N" is splitting off from Noggin. What channel & satellite & package(s) will The N be on?

No it will be replacing Nick Games and Sports. So whatever package gets NICK Gas now will get The N when it debuts on December 31st.

Nickelodeon Games and Sports (GAS) is going away and the replacement channel should be either Noggin or The N. So I would look for it to just transition over to the new channel on Dish Network. But you will probably see the GAS channel change, that's it.

Anyword on if The N will be in the dishfamily pack to take the place of GAS? I know it SHOULD logically be, but you never know with dish.

Edit:
Missed your comment Scott.

Last edited:
Anyword on if The N will be in the dishfamily pack to take the place of GAS? I know it SHOULD logically be, but you never know with dish.

Edit:
Missed your comment Scott.

considering the very edgy content on The N (It goes there is The N's slogan, as in it dares to go into controversial subject matter) that is designed to be of interest to teen-agers--even young adults, not kiddies, I personally doubt you will ever see the new 24/7 "N" in the family pack. Degrassi High alone would cause heart attacks for the parents who subscribe to the Family Pack. And the new 24/7 "N" is planning more edgy shows. If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, watch The "N" for a few nights.

DishSubLa,

I have the family pack and it's not because it's considered a great family friendly package, Watch some of the programming on the channels like "most evil' on discovery times channel and I think The N is pretty darn tame. I have the family pack cause it has a few channels that otherwise I would have to get the top tier programming to receive and I just don't care enough about the rest to pay the price. However, if dish does not replace GAS with something, then I would consider that a price increase in the package.

Colours TV is quite edgy at times and I bet it rivals The N's content. What about The Outdoor Channel, watching animals being hunted and killed? I think that might be more bothersome to a child than Degrassi. Either way, anyone that thinks the family pack is a way to not monitor what kids are watching is in the dark (and I'm not saying you think this). Biography Channel is another one that I would consider at times to be more non-family friendly with it's content IF you consider family friendly all clean and nice and puppies and kitties. To me the family pack is simply a low priced package with something to appeal to everyone in a family with some restrictions on content and the way it is setup, to make a family want to upgrade, but to keep the same channels they get in the family pack, they have to jump 3 -4 packages upward at a nice premium in price.

Personally, I would prefer noggin replace GAS and keep The N in another package since I have two little ones at home. Also, Family pack does not contrew to me that families are only comprised of little children and 2 adults. A family comprises all age groups and The N could fill a decent void in the family pack for that age group.

N won't replace GAS, due to subject matter. It will probably be Noggin, as the N is what prevented Noggin from being in the family pack in the first place.

Now if we can just get Noggin to up the ante on programming, 26 episodes of Jack's Big Music Show being played into the ground... oh wait, thats just in my house off of the DVR :)

Seriously they need to order up a bunch more NEW programming to fill in those extra hours... havnt heard anythign on new shows for Jack or other popular series debuting anytime soon... or even being ordered.

Well take this with a grain of salt as you never know with dish, but I got an email response to what will replace Nick GAS and like Scott said, The N is what they told me will replace Nick GAS in the packages that currently get it.

considering the very edgy content on The N (It goes there is The N's slogan, as in it dares to go into controversial subject matter) that is designed to be of interest to teen-agers--even young adults, not kiddies, I personally doubt you will ever see the new 24/7 "N" in the family pack. Degrassi High alone would cause heart attacks for the parents who subscribe to the Family Pack. And the new 24/7 "N" is planning more edgy shows. If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, watch The "N" for a few nights.

Degrassi is syndicated too. My local independant picks it up in their 5:30 slot. Charlie better exclude local channels from the Family Pack too. :p

Now if we can just get Noggin to up the ante on programming, 26 episodes of Jack's Big Music Show being played into the ground... oh wait, thats just in my house off of the DVR :)

Seriously they need to order up a bunch more NEW programming to fill in those extra hours... havnt heard anythign on new shows for Jack or other popular series debuting anytime soon... or even being ordered.

You don't need a DVR for noggin programming, I have seen every episode of EVERY Show at least 10 times. New programmig would be very welcome in my home!!!

The phone... the phone is ringing... the phone, we'll be right there... the phone, the phone is RINGING!
There's an animal in trouble, there's an animal in trouble! There's an animal in trouble somewhere...

Wonderpets, wonderpets, we're on our way,off to save a baby turtle and save the day!

That's my DVR along with the Nick Jr show Yo Gabba Gabba... yeah.. something about a show with a DJ that has a giant orange fro hat wig thing and an orange suit to get those kids going! But Noggin 24-7 will be a plus, just hope they do it right.

I'd say bring back Square One. (Math Man.. Math Man.. Math Man..)

the DVR is necessary when the channel isnt 24-7 and we are gone for the bulk of the day... my 18 month old points at the TV when we get home from work/daycare and asks for Jack, which we put on while we give him a snack as we try to get dinner started and other housework done quikly

My brain's a little fuzzy, but didn't Noggin air older or even classic Sesame Street episodes several years back? Maybe when Noggin first launched?

Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)