The Next Channel On E* We All Want

I'd be happy with BBC World, mHz WorldView (PI channel), and NHK World (PI) for news.

For entertainment - how about a Channel 4 (UK) USA feed, with only their original programs that are not carried elsewhere in USA, and therefore no copyright issues. I am particularly interested in seeing Big Brother UK, and its accompanying live feeds. However news and etc. programming would be great to have as well.

In addition, a Canadian station would be nice. Again, surely a 24 hour stream could be put together that didn't program anything that poses a copyright issue. Carry the newscasts and documentaries from CBC, CTV, Global, etc.

sdakid

i would like to see on dishnetwork
americian life tv network,rtn-retro television network,
wwme-tv metv-chicago il,and some canada channels
dejayview,sun-tv,drive-in classics, space channel, i heard from canada
forum that they are getting a TELETOONRETRO cartoon channel
in october.

I want my locals in HD, so I do not have to continue using an OTA; by the way, I live in the Hartford, CT Region where my neighbors have all their locals in HD on both Cox and DirectTV

In addition, a Canadian station would be nice. Again, surely a 24 hour stream could be put together that didn't program anything that poses a copyright issue. Carry the newscasts and documentaries from CBC, CTV, Global, etc.

Yes. Red Green in HD! :p

No HD Locals??

Rub it in. I'm shooting for 365 days for mine:mad:. I've decided who ever gives me my HD locals first,is the provider I'm keeping. Thats what going to help me decide.

Most places in Wayne Co should be able to do OTA from Scranton / Wilkes-Barre.

I am right next door in Sullivan Co, NY but I now live on the wrong side of the mountain. I used to get all of them perfectly but the analog channels only like 16, 22, 28, 38 and 44. That is going back over 10 years ago.

If you down in that Delaware Valley "hole", that would be a problem.

Most places in Wayne Co should be able to do OTA from Scranton / Wilkes-Barre.

I am right next door in Sullivan Co, NY but I now live on the wrong side of the mountain. I used to get all of them perfectly but the analog channels only like 16, 22, 28, 38 and 44. That is going back over 10 years ago.

If you down in that Delaware Valley "hole", that would be a problem.
I'm in that hole. I can't get anything unless I want to put up a huge ugly antt. I refuse to put one up. Its 2007 I shouldn't have to.

The answer is of course YES

YES!!! I get SNY for the Mets and its about time I got YES!. With all the laws telliing us what we can and cannot watch, there would be a law that consumers have access via all providers to all local sports teams. Leaving in NJ and not seeing the Yankees or the Nets blows.

Based on the posts so far, there is no one channel that "We All Want" added to E*. Doesn't even look to be a clear leader.

Based on the posts so far, there is no one channel that "We All Want" added to E*. Doesn't even look to be a clear leader.

Agreed.
No matter what the first post said, this was never a "realistic" list. The request for regional, local, or ethnic channels are obviously out of place. And maybe even the channels that aren't available yet shouldn't be mentioned unless we are wanting DISH to leave room to add them on day one.

I'd like to see a poll with the top channels available today that DISH doesn't carry. And limiting one vote per person of course.

I'm in that hole. I can't get anything unless I want to put up a huge ugly antt. I refuse to put one up. Its 2007 I shouldn't have to.

Probably a stupid question..but why couldn't the satellite dish you're attaching to your roof either serve as an antenna..or provide a pre-cut place to hook some type of antenna to the back of the dish assembly itself? Seems like that would be much easier for DISH and the millions of us without HD locals rather than stringing wires for another antenna. Is it because so many dishes don't go up high enough or aren't really in optimal places to pull in OTA signals? I bet those on here who don't want an antenna would fancy a cool dish-designed antenna that connects to and blends in with the dish itself. Then all your neighors could say oooooo, what kind of special programming is HE getting? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)