The only thing holding me to *E is...

I took an even closer look at DirecTV today. Their pricing is intentionally confusing, but I think I managed to decypher it.

I'm not including their discounts because if I switch, it will be long term.

I have pretty much everything with DISH right now- $120 a month. Same thing on DirecTV- $126. However, I don't watch sports, except Hockey. If I drop the sports pack, it's DISH-$120, DirecTV- $121

If I drop Cinemax, it's DISH- $110, DirecTV- $113

If I drop The HD Extras/Ultimate, it's DISH $100, DirecTV $108.

The more I drop, the more expensive DirecTV gets! I guess DISH is cheaper at the bottom, and Direct has better pricing on premiums.

I would still consider switching...Direct has several more HD Premiums, and that's what's important to me. However DISH has MORE Cinemax HD channels now, and has always led DirecTV in the SD premiums. There are a few Showtime/TMC HD channels already uplinked, and 15 newly empty slots. DISH could catch up on HD premiums tomorrow if they really wanted to.

I guess I'll wait until September at least. If Direct jumps WAY ahead then, maybe I'll consider switching. DISH has the bandwidth to do a lot of catching up before then.

I did the Direct/Dish Comparison as well and found, to get similar level of programming (this includes international and Cinemax), I would pay $95 after rebates and $118 thereafter. I pay $75 with Dish. That's a $43/month diff after rebates expire! Am I alone in having such a large savings with Dish. I currently receive no rebates or any other incentives.

Thanks folks for the info. I too will be $$$ driven, and so far, D* cannot match what E* is offering ----price wise--- ..... I am upset about losing the Voom channels, and replacing most of that content with commercial channels....

But E* is $$$ driven also...and business.... is ... business...

Another Crybaby Thread :rolleyes:;)

When I 1st chose Sat over cable Dish had the channels I wanted vs DTV plus a good deal for a dvr and 2nd box.
6 yrs later and still satisfied, upgraded from 501>508, added a 721, upgraded to 921, 2-942's, 2-622's (the one good thing Voom was good for I had a 30 day free Voom when they moved from MP2 to MP4 and got a free replacement of my 942's to 622's without ever watching Voom!!!:D), now have 3 622's, the HD only pak and still quite satisfied.

All the must see channels are in HD now, the rest will be, and even if they cap the HD pak with what it has at the rate it is is fine with me.

Can all the Crybaby threads have their own separate section?

Thats the magic of the Internet. People can say what they want and I wouldnt have it any other way.

In any case... because others may be upset over channels you dont particularly want isnt a reason for being rude. All that matters is that if the shoe were on the other foot that others would not be rude to you for being upset that a favorite channel of yours was yanked off the air. Myself, if Dish yanked a favorite channel of yours thats just so happens I dont watch I would say you are right to be upset at them, you have my support, and more power to you.

If E* was not offering the HD only pack, and at that great price, w/locals....I would switch to D* in a heartbeat.

HD only package? Dish' website says to get the HD Essentials package for $10 a month, you need to have at least the Top 100 package(which I don't want). Is this right?

If E* was not offering the HD only pack, and at that great price, w/locals....I would switch to D* in a heartbeat.

HD only package? Dish' website says to get the HD Essentials package for $10 a month, you need to have at least the Top 100 package(which I don't want). Is this right?
No. Click the tabs on the HD webpage... Essential, Ultimate, Dish HD.

Waiting for my DNS waiver's at D*. I have both at the moment and when I get my waivers I will drop the E* HD only pack. It is worth the switch to me for SpeedHD.

What's keeping me is the 622 DVR and external hard drive. If D* came up with something similar I'd be tempted to bolt and get the NFL package. Losing VOOM makes it an easy decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)