The Orville on Hulu

... I wonder if Disney is looking at getting rid of Hulu.
There's plenty of TV MA (hard R?) on Hulu that probably wouldn't fly on Disney+. Disney surely doesn't want to be blasted for subscribers not setting up viewing restrictions appropriate to their households.

Disney+ now has the two Deadpool movies as well as "Logan", all R-rated. The Mouse appears to have grown up.

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
So, Seth said that the Orville is going to be on Disney+, did he happen to say if it will also be on Hulu ?
It JUST got to Hulu, now its moving again ???

Or was he saying that the episodes will also be available on Disney ???

So, Seth said that the Orville is going to be on Disney+, did he happen to say if it will also be on Hulu ?
It JUST got to Hulu, now its moving again ???

Or was he saying that the episodes will also be available on Disney ???
The Orville has been on Hulu since the first episode premiered, also on Fox at the same time, 3rd season just on Hulu.

There's plenty of TV MA (hard R?) on Hulu that probably wouldn't fly on Disney+. Disney surely doesn't want to be blasted for subscribers not setting up viewing restrictions appropriate to their households.
My son was easily able to change his restrictions to TV MA (R Rated) in order to watch Deadpool the moment it was added to Disney Plus.

What difference does it make? There isn't going to be a 4th season. Seth said that himself. He's moving on to a new "TED" tv series. Yeah, based on the potty mouthed bear movie.

Reactions: AZ.
What difference does it make? There isn't going to be a 4th season. Seth said that himself. He's moving on to a new "TED" tv series. Yeah, based on the potty mouthed bear movie.

That story is 3 months old, already known that this is the last season.

• Angry
Reactions: Jimbo
Talk about BLOAT! This week's 78 minute penultimate episode could have EASILY been cut down below 60. Everything was overdone. Even the dogfights started to put me to sleep. And the CGI is nearing the cheesy mark.

Look how many shows the viewers have brought back from the directors floor.
Some examples?

Compare it with something like Firefly that still hasn't managed to make a series comeback.

I would counter that The Orville isn't exactly distinguishing itself in season 3 as compared to where it appeared to be headed in season 2. The critics appear to be raving but the viewers are less excited (75% on Rotten Tomatoes).

The fact that views on streaming services aren't particularly synchronized may be hurting these shows as well. That a significant number choose to binge (either as a practice or a money-saving scheme) puts the hurt on the show's buzz (unless it is a "must see" like Stranger Things").

Some examples?

Compare it with something like Firefly that still hasn't managed to make a series comeback.

I would counter that The Orville isn't exactly distinguishing itself in season 3 as compared to where it appeared to be headed in season 2. The critics appear to be raving but the viewers are less excited (75% on Rotten Tomatoes).

The fact that views on streaming services aren't particularly synchronized may be hurting these shows as well. That a significant number choose to binge (either as a practice or a money-saving scheme) puts the hurt on the show's buzz (unless it is a "must see" like Stranger Things").
I think those people that are not liking it, are because they changed the premise of the show from Comedy to actual telling Storys with some comedy as well ..... I think this season 3 is Much better than S2.

I'd rather be able to binge it, but can't on this show, unless I waited till it was completed, which I didn't.

Some examples?

But it became a movie.( I liked it but it did not do well at the box office).

Also, Nathan Fillion has been a little busy, 8 Seasons of Castle, now The Rookie going into it’s 5th Season.

Also, Joss Whedon is in the super Dog House since his past behavior has come out.

Even was fired from his new HBO Max show, The Nevers.

The Orville has never been a rating winner, mid level at best, I have always enjoyed it but not a lot have.

For example, first show of season 1 had 8.56 million, by the end of Season 1 down to 3.54 million.

Second Season, first episode-5.68 million, last-2.97 million.

I was amazed they renewed it for a third.

I think that season 3 has already been done on one or more of the ST:* series.

I'm still waiting for your examples.
Everytime a popular show ends for no reason, Fan start petitions for it to come back ....

Manifest is one that comes to mind .... it will be back probably this fall, because Fans started petitions to get it back ...
There are others ....

Fox and NBC have been ones that have cut shows and brought them back ...

The Orville for another, however, I guess that was Streaming from the beginning ... I hadn't known that till the other day, I only know it was on Fox.

I would offer the one example of “The Expanse”, started life on SyFy (shudder) and was canceled. Fans complained and it was saved by moving to streaming over on Amazon where it recently finished up its final season at the natural breaking point from the novels. It may return in a few years to finish the story told in the last three books.

NBC had also wanted to cancel “Star Trek” and a fan letter-writing campaign is credited with saving the show, all before the Internet. Back then, we had Fan Clubs.

Reactions: TheKrell and Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)