The Phantom Channel

bb1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Austin, Texas
One of my German language channels (ch 721 satellite 121 transponder 4) has all of a sudden started going off and on. Seems like every morning and evening it works but during the afternoon I get Error 002 and no signal. I've gone round and round with Tech Support and they are blaming my equipment. Is this possible? Anyone know what might be happening? Thanks.

I'm not sure where you are located since it isn't in your profile, but there was a batch of bad LNBFs that had problems in the heat. It is possible that it has been alot warmer where you live lately and they are messing up in the afternoon sun.

That sounds logical as it is getting pretty hot up there already on my black flat roof in Austin, Texas. It did go through all of last summer though and no other channels are affected. Is there a way to test this? I suppose any warrenty I had is gone. I was orginally getting this service through Globecast and when they switched to Dish, they replaced all of my owned equipment (with SuperDISH, DP34 and 301 receiver). I would like to upgrade to HD but don't I still need the SuperDISH for international programming?

There was a list of the serial numbers that were affected. You can try a search or hopefully someone with a better memory than me will come along with the answer.

I found this on another site: "Dish says there is in fact a problem with some of it's SuperDish 105 LNB's and it is heat related. The Lot number of these defective LNB's are P310, P311, & P312 (instal dates late 2004 and early 2005). The Lot # can be found by removing the top shroud cover and exposing the label on the back of the 105 FSS LNB."

Has anyone had this problem and gotten Dish to replace one?

our superdish121 was installed in November 2005 and there is no problem here. I've heard of others with this problem though.

there is no german ch. 721 you know.

bb1 said:
I found this on another site: "Dish says there is in fact a problem with some of it's SuperDish 105 LNB's and it is heat related. The Lot number of these defective LNB's are P310, P311, & P312 (instal dates late 2004 and early 2005). The Lot # can be found by removing the top shroud cover and exposing the label on the back of the 105 FSS LNB."

Has anyone had this problem and gotten Dish to replace one?

Yes last summer in Richmond VA my 105 SD stopped working from around 8AM to Midnight.

My 522 was able to get some of the channels sporadically throughout the day while the 721 would not. Dish came out and replaced the LNB and since then no problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)