625 L2.95 Update

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
I now have the L2.95 on my 625 ( my 522 is still at 2.93), does anyone know what it does?

Last edited:
RandallA said:
I haven't seen any release notes yet. There is also L2.94 spooling for the 625 receivers.

Updated my first post, I meant 625 not 622.

I've noticed return of the dropouts on one show I was watching. Hopefully it's was just an isolated incident.

In my case, it appears to kill the DVR. It only went out a few days ago (I'm not sure when I actually got it - presumably at some time after that), and my DVR promptly died without warning on Sunday. Told me that it had to repair the hard drive, kept popping up the same message after I told it to do so, then finally locked up permanently on the - seventh? eighth? not sure - attempt to fix the drive. Left it for a good 8-10 hours, then power cycled it and it came back on today with a different error message that basically stated the hard drive was dead. Suddenly, my guide info downloaded, and now I have access to TV and the guide - but all of my DVR features (timeslipping, recording, etc.) are gone.

Anybody else's DVR get borked, which would suggest this firmware update *is* the cause?

My second 522 Died on Saturday morning. I hit the themes button, and it wouldn't download anything, it just said "error". so I did a front panel reset, and it never came back. It would boot up, check the dish 0-5, then show the picture for half a second, then lock up and reboot again.

I tried the same things as you, letting it sit, multiple resets etc, but it was just plain dead. SO, after a long weekend with NO TV, I finally got my 3rd replacement 522 DVR today. (did I mention that my first 522 died the first day I had it?) well, the 3rd one was hooked up today, and came up with the 311 hard drive error right off the bat. :mad: Geez, I'm getting the 4th one sent out to me now!!! What is up with these pieces of garbage? Dish refused to overnight it too, even though they keep sending me lemons. Now I have to wait until at least Monday, if not Tuesday. They did finally offer to take $17 off my bill. Wow, that's awesome, a week and a half without any TV for $17. Where will I spend that? Oh yeah, on a quarter tank of gas.

Do I sound disgruntled? At this point, I think at the very least, my Gruntle is running very low.

Tom Brodrick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts