The Pirates (and Ron Simmons)...

I'm going to buy that DVD!!
well worth it IMO
I'm with you... The original ECW simply can not be beat. I have the ECW DVD that WWE put out several years ago (The Rise and Fall of ECW).
VERY well done DVD. Having Heyman in there made the DVD
Honestly, I kind of like Kevin Thorn and CM Punk right now and am curious how they may have fared in the old ECW.
Thorn would be a brawler and Punk would be taking on the technical wrestlers. I've seen many CM Punk matches when he would wrestle in MN and he was a very technical wrestler (like Benoit, Malenko & Eddie)

One of the greatest ECW moments, in my opinion, was the "Hardcore" interview segments with Mick Foley
those were AWESOME!! The "Cane Dewey" promo is Cactus' favourite interview (on his DVD he mentions it and they show the promo) and the "I'm Hardcore" promo was the best.

and the shoot interview that Steve Austin did on the show at one point. "Stunning? Tossed it out the window. Never was meant to be...."

Cade
and the "Monday Nyquil" promo he did with "Bongo" (Instead of Mongo)

I think we can thank ECW for the development of some pretty major stars. In fact, some of these guys come from WCW or WWE where they had been misused SEVERELY only to be discovered by ECW. Heyman sure didn't hurt anybody coming into ECW and he was a marketing genius. Just look at Austin, for example. His career wasn't going anywhere after they split him from Brian Pillman and ended the Hollywood Blondes gimmick. They planned, plain and simple, to let Austin fade into the sunset (in my opinion).

Not only did ECW give Austin a job but they gave him the much needed opportunity to become a star. I know that some people simply laughed at ECW because they weren't one of the big two, but plenty of stars come out of the ECW Arena. ECW knowed how to utilize it's talent, too. I remember that one match with Malenko and Eddie (which was, in my opinion, a technical masterpiece). Rey did some pretty incredible things there and Dreamer, Sandman, and Raven were much better in the old ECW (of course, they were under the guidance of Heyman in the original ECW).

The reason I mentioned Kevin Thorn and CM Punk earlier was because of an interview I read with Paul Heyman in one of the dirt sheets after he was fired. They had asked which two "new" ECW stars he would have liked to have had in the original ECW to which he answered CM Punk and Kevin Thorn. He went into detail by saying that the ECW crowd was unique because they were part of the show and would let you know what they wouldn't accept. He was clear in stating that he thought the original ECW crowd would have accepted Punk and Thorn (and believed they had the talent to capitalize on it) but was also clear in stating that guys like Dupree would have never been given a chance by the fans.

Which leads me to something I read on the internet earlier: This doesn't have to do with ECW, but it appears as though Carlito and the Miz might be the next two superstars to be released from their contracts. I'm not positive on why the Miz would be but I know they are probably upset with Carlito's remarks about Wrestlemania.

Cade

I can also remember Wrestlepalooza 1997 when Dreamer finally defeated Raven in what I believe was Raven's last match for ECW. It was also the match that featured a large brawl at the end (with RVD, Sabu, and Sandman becoming involved before Jerry Lawler made an appearance). It's talked about in the ECW DVD. That was, in my opinion, a very memorable moment.

Cade

I can also remember Wrestlepalooza 1997 when Dreamer finally defeated Raven in what I believe was Raven's last match for ECW. It was also the match that featured a large brawl at the end (with RVD, Sabu, and Sandman becoming involved before Jerry Lawler made an appearance). It's talked about in the ECW DVD. That was, in my opinion, a very memorable moment.

Cade

The night that Lawler damn near caused a riot. Lawler legit feared for his life that nite and the next month when Cornette came in too.

Which leads me to something I read on the internet earlier: This doesn't have to do with ECW, but it appears as though Carlito and the Miz might be the next two superstars to be released from their contracts. I'm not positive on why the Miz would be but I know they are probably upset with Carlito's remarks about Wrestlemania.

Cade

Miz is worthless. He's a gimmick that was on relaity TV. Carlito I liked but he doesnt have anything. What do you do with him? They dont know what to do with him so right now he's Flair's protege after Flair did a shoot interview on him a couple months ago.

The problem I have with wrestling now a days (there is too many to name), is there are really no superstars except for Cena on Raw, I don't feel Edge, Orton aren't worthy and being pushed to fast.

HBK is getting to old, and the Umaga character is just ridiculous.

If HHH comes back he might bring some good matches against Cena.

Plus I'm tired of seeing flair wrestle, he should just either retire or become a manager, he just makes a fool of himself.

I don't watch Smackdown or ECW so I can't talk about them, with Vince owning the rights to WWE, WCW and ECW there is no competition against each other, and it just gotten boring.

Like I said before I miss the NWO.:D

Attachments

• nwo.jpg
    nwo.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 105
Like I said before I miss the NWO.:D

The NWO was great but eventually, in my opinion, became too large of a group. Man, I can remember seeing Scott Hall come over the barrier at the Nitro show and come in and do his shoot interview and all of us at school were like, "Razor Ramon invaded WCW last night and it's going to be a war between WCW and WWF". Then, Kevin Nash (or as we still thought, Diesel) invaded and I think all of us were shocked (but thought it was kind of cool) when Hogan joined.

From the start, though, they cut some really good promos. It was always neat when they had their own matches as well (where it would be black and white with an NWO referee). Good stuff...

Cade

Miz is worthless. He's a gimmick that was on relaity TV. Carlito I liked but he doesnt have anything. What do you do with him? They dont know what to do with him so right now he's Flair's protege after Flair did a shoot interview on him a couple months ago.

You're right. Miz doesn't belong there and I'm not so sure that Carlito belongs around there anymore. I think sometimes that they have too many talents and simply can't place them all in the right places.

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)