The Pittsburgh Pistons?

The NFL (8 home games per year, generally on a Sunday afternoon) has virtually complete revenue sharing. You could put a team in Vermillion, North Dakota and it would make virtually the same as one in LA. The other three major team sports are a totally different discussion. Which is why I did not mention the Steelers in the first place.

Vermilion is in South Dakota ;)

I don't see the Piston's leaving Detroit. Most years, we lead the league in attendance. I know the Big 3 aren't filling those seats and luxury boxes as they have in the past, but this too will turn around eventually. Besides, we have a great arena. 20 years old or so. but still the model that all that followed, follow.

Well. Seattle needs a team. :)

I expect we'll soon see another round of "extort the cities" hosted by David Stern. The Pistons will be sold and threaten to move to Pittsburgh unless Detroit agrees to build a new arena with five or six levels of luxury boxes. The city will agree to fund the new arena after one level of luxury seating is reserved exclusively for local politicos.

I expect we'll soon see another round of "extort the cities" hosted by David Stern. The Pistons will be sold and threaten to move to Pittsburgh unless Detroit agrees to build a new arena with five or six levels of luxury boxes. The city will agree to fund the new arena after one level of luxury seating is reserved exclusively for local politicos.

The city of Detroit can not afford to give them a bag of chips right now.

The city of Detroit can not afford to give them a bag of chips right now.

Plus Pittsburgh is building one of those arenas.

Seattle lost their team because they wouldn't build one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)