The Player

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Coming Thursdays this fall

From the executive producers of "The Blacklist" and starring Wesley Snipes and Philip Winchester ("Strike Back," "Fringe") comes an action-packed Las Vegas thriller about a former military operative turned security expert who is drawn into a high-stakes game where an organization of wealthy individuals gamble on his ability to stop some of the biggest crimes imaginable from playing out. Can he take them down from the inside and get revenge for the death of his wife, or is it true what they say: The house always wins.
Cast: Wesley Snipes, Philip Winchester, Charity Wakefield and Damon Gupton

I liked it. I think he is like some kind of action hero figure. But I saw the shooting of his wife coming as soon as I heard breaking glass.

I had commented to my wife during her introduction that they were quickly creating her backstory. It felt rushed and odd, but when she was killed off a few minutes later, it was obvious why they spent so little effort to create her character their relationship story. But was she killed? Unfortunately, I think we will be subjected to endless flashbacks to further build the back story.

I'll give it a few more episodes, but it felt like I had watched the episode before on Person of Interest. Wesley Snipes character is cartoonish and I'm lost if I'm watching a Marvel or enhanced reality series.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Watched the first two episodes last night and I'm pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting much but the show is entertaining. Reminds me of Scorpion, implausible but entertaining.

Reactions: osu1991
It reminds me of Secrete Agent Man. He is acting like a action hero doing all the stunts and shooting etc. I like it but is pure escapism tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)