The PlayStation Vue Thread

You know, since both MLB & NHL Networks are affiliated in some form with NBC/Comcast, you'd think that it wouldn't be much of a problem adding them to Vue &/or Sling TV's Sling Blue Package, since both already have NBC/Comcast network(NBCSN, Syfy, USA, Bravo, etc).

I wonder if Vue would eventually work with In Demand & offer MLB Extra Innings(if they get MLB Network) & NHL Center Ice(ditto with NHL Network) seasonal packages like they are doing with NFL RedZone?

Edit: You know, after posting the above, i realized that I could also get MLB.tv & NHL.tv(replaced NHL Game Center) & accomplish the same thing.

Last edited:
You know, since both MLB & NHL Networks are affiliated in some form with NBC/Comcast, you'd think that it wouldn't be much of a problem adding them to Vue &/or Sling TV's Sling Blue Package, since both already have NBC/Comcast network(NBCSN, Syfy, USA, Bravo, etc).

I wonder if Vue would eventually work with In Demand & offer MLB Extra Innings(if they get MLB Network) & NHL Center Ice(ditto with NHL Network) seasonal packages like they are doing with NFL RedZone?

Edit: You know, after posting the above, i realized that I could also get MLB.tv & NHL.tv(replaced NHL Game Center) & accomplish the same thing.

I would like to have MLB network.

Can you get that with the CBS all Acess plan?
It's been a while since I used all access but I do not recall it including cbs sports network. I could be mistaken

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I need CBS College Sports, which has the contract for most of my local college teams games, but I'm not holding my breath.
I don't know if they are restructuring their offerings(because you can't order their service online now), but SFN TV Now was offering CBS Sports network on their $48.00 SFN Max package(along with MLB Network).

Has anyone tried PlayOn?

https://www.playon.tv

I'm a legacy lifetime subscriber from when it was the only way to stream Netflix and Hulu (and other online content) on a PS3. But to get their DVR functionality which has since been added (and access to certain online sources), I think I would need to rebuy now. Worth looking into to get content I don't have access to with PS Vue. Thanks for the heads up!

I don't know if they are restructuring their offerings(because you can't order their service online now), but SFN TV Now was offering CBS Sports network on their $48.00 SFN Max package(along with MLB Network).

$48/mo.? It would be cheaper for me to attend the games in person. lol

It sucks that CBS's College Sports Live streaming service still doesn't carry my college's games even though the CBS College Sports TV channel is the main carrier of its games.

I don't think that that works like PlayStation Vue or Sling TV(it operates more like Roku, which is ironic because you can get it as a private channel on Roku), I think that you need to use your Cable or Satellite TV(or PlayStation Vue) credentials to sign on to a lot of those apps/channels on PlayOn.
It has been a while since I used playon as I no longer have a need for it, but I think you are right. When I did use it, you had to sign in to each service much like you do the tv anywhere apps today.

Does Vue show all shows available on a channel through its service? I experimented with Sling a while back and some shows were not available for online viewing, even though you subscribed to that channel. This happened a lot with the A&E family of networks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does Vue show all shows available on a channel through its service? I experimented with Sling a while back and some shows were not available for online viewing, even though you subscribed to that channel. This happened a lot with the A&E family of networks.

PlayStation Vue doesn't currently carry A&E's family of networks, however, I've never had problems with shows being blocked on Vue. If need be, maybe you could watch said program on one of the TV Anywhere apps(signed onto through Vue) to watch the blocked program.

It has been a while since I used playon as I no longer have a need for it, but I think you are right. When I did use it, you had to sign in to each service much like you do the tv anywhere apps today.

I have a Roku and my understanding it works hand and hand with that pretty well. From reading it seems that would help with my over the air DVR conundrum without having to purchase a TIVO at this time. If, it downloads every CBS show I like for example, I can watch it on the Roku and use their software as a DVR. I assume that is accurate.

I don't think that that works like PlayStation Vue or Sling TV(it operates more like Roku, which is ironic because you can get it as a private channel on Roku), I think that you need to use your Cable or Satellite TV(or PlayStation Vue) credentials to sign on to a lot of those apps/channels on PlayOn.

It seems as if many channels offer their shows free on line and this software would download those shows and allow me to play them on my Roku with DVR functionality. It would just be in conjunction with Vue and possibly deal with my over the air/DVR conundrum. I don't think you need any service to watch shows on line, at least not the networks I would watch such as CBS, History, etc.

MLB.TV blacks out games telecast on MLB Network, and last season, NHL.TV did the same for games on NHL Network. I expect they'll do the same for 2016-17.

I've had Vue block shows on my local NBC affiliate. I'm not sure why and I don't watch enough to detect a pattern. So far I've noticed it blocking syndicated game shows like Jeopardy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)