The recording is frustrating with Dish Network?

lltbake

Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Washington State
Hi ALL, I am a newbie here. We just switched from Direct Tv to Dish Network, we liked Direct TV but Dish offered a better deal.
OK so here are my questions...:confused:

Say you are on a channel for a while and you hit record, will the recording just start when you hit the button, do you have to rewind, can you rewind to the beginning of the show and them record?? This is so frustrating and such a change from Direct TV....
Info about this please? Thanks!
~Also I am totally confused with the recording issues and having one bo run two tv's recording...Dont have a question yet. :D

Read the users manual. I could spend time typing, but the answers to your questions are sitting somewhere in you home.

After you hit the record button, press 'Options' and then 'record entire event' and it starts form the beginning. That was too much for KAB to type out... ;)

It will be from the point that he tuned to the ch. If it wasn't at the start of the prgm then it won't record from the start.

True dat! But then the OP asked "Say you are on a channel for a while and you hit record, will the recording just start when you hit the button, do you have to rewind, can you rewind to the beginning of the show and them record??" So, it's a moot point isn't it....

I don't understand why it's frustrating. It's a new system (to you) why would you think it would be the same as a totally different company's receiver? I would be more sympathetic if you said you read the manual but still didn't understand. Maybe even just try it and see what happens??
Btw, if you were happy with Direct unless it is a boatload of savings (and it's not except perhaps for the first months or year or so unless you have a smaller program package) changing providers to me makes no sense. In any event, there are going to be many changes from what you had so probably time to read the manual and experiment.

Hi ALL, I am a newbie here. We just switched from Direct Tv to Dish Network, we liked Direct TV but Dish offered a better deal.
OK so here are my questions...:confused:

Say you are on a channel for a while and you hit record, will the recording just start when you hit the button, do you have to rewind, can you rewind to the beginning of the show and them record?? This is so frustrating and such a change from Direct TV....
Info about this please? Thanks!
~Also I am totally confused with the recording issues and having one bo run two tv's recording...Dont have a question yet. :D

WELCOME!! and also welcome to the best TV experience you can have.

Yeah, I had trouble with my Dish DVR too.. I couldn't get used to hitting a button and not having to wait for 10 seconds before it did something like my DirecTV DVR does..

Tampa8 said:
I don't understand why it's frustrating. It's a new system (to you) why would you think it would be the same as a totally different company's receiver? I would be more sympathetic if you said you read the manual but still didn't understand. Maybe even just try it and see what happens??
Btw, if you were happy with Direct unless it is a boatload of savings (and it's not except perhaps for the first months or year or so unless you have a smaller program package) changing providers to me makes no sense. In any event, there are going to be many changes from what you had so probably time to read the manual and experiment.

I don't understand how this statement answered the op's question. Is there an unwritten law that they violated by getting a quick answer to one question they had instead of reading the manual? Looks to me like they used a source to thier disposal to answer this question. Your comment seems nothing but condescending. On the home page before you enter the forum area it says 'click here to jump into our FRIENDLY forums'. Your comment isn't very friendly. If you dont like answering questions, or even reading them, why come to a forum for questions and duscussion.

Many of my customers have a fear of 'breaking' thier equipment. Perhaps tjis is the case.

To answer the question, completely different system. Easiest way is to rewind to the beginning press record, fast forward to where you left off as long as you were there from the start. Then set up futute recordings if you like the program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)