The River

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Well, I'll certainly bite. Just hope they don't over-do the shaky camera bit. Read one review that said they don't.
Apparently, ABC outbid NBC for it. Bruce Greenwood is great. Hoping for the best.

The River (TV Show) - YouTube

So they say it is like LOST and is done by the same guy who did Paranormal Activity. So I guess we will never know what the hell is going on , but we will be scared to death at the same time.:p

Premier definitely pegged the "Creep 'O Meter". Lots of Lost similarities...not sure yet if that's good or bad. Just 6 more episodes, so won't take long to find out if it's a hit or miss. Overall, I liked it.

Recording here and will probably wait awhile to watch. The wife has already said no way on this one (she hates scary stuff)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I haven't seen it yet, but my wife called me a work tonight to tell me that she loved it. She said it was creepy like Paranormal Activity. I'll probably watch it tomorrow before work and report back .

I haven't seen it yet, but my wife called me a work tonight to tell me that she loved it. She said it was creepy like Paranormal Activity. I'll probably watch it tomorrow before work and report back .

Funny...my wife usually hates this kind of thing, but she really liked the family aspect of it.

watched the first half and dozed off during the second half.it's a little cheesy but at least it's a scripted show!try to finish the second half tonight,wife wasn't too crazy about she was laughing at some of the supposedly scary parts.

I wasn't thrilled with it and didn't find it scary in the least. Wrap it up in the six episodes and move on to something else.

S~

I wasn't thrilled with it and didn't find it scary in the least. Wrap it up in the six episodes and move on to something else.

S~

I agree. It simply was too much like Lost to me. You never know what happened and it made no sense. This show tries to tie in "scary paranormal activity " scenes , but I simply didn't get scared at all. I doubt it will last long at all. I 'll keep recording it for my wife , but I won't be watching.

I finally forced myself to watch the premier. Not bad, but certainly not even close to the hype around it in the press. Still too much of the 'realism' of jerky camera work to suit me. I'll keep recording it and put it in my 'watch if bored' list! :)

I am putting it on the DVR, but not watching yet. I will wait and see if they are going to be around next year first. I have decided on complex shows better to record than invest time in watching and seeing them cancelled. For comedies and such I will usually watch since if cancelled it makes no difference since no real conclusion to the show is needed.

The camera technique does get a little old, but I think it's one of the scariest shows I can recall. Still enjoying it.

Last nights episode was pretty good.And yea I agree with the shaking camera and the bleepity bleep bleep is way over done.That said I think the show has potential.

2/21 episode was VERY good. Also noticed cameras are getting more steady. They actually broke out some tripods!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)