The Rockford Files

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just wanted to ask how many of you like the Rockford Files?

This, and Quncy M.E. were two of my most favorite shows and now I get to see at least the Rockford Files on RTN on sat 83W!

YouTube - Rockford Files Intro

Any comments?

AcWxRADAR

Remember this Commercial? I pulled this off the Macys Day Parade from 1981.

Loved the show. I remember this about Jim as well. I met Jim and Clint Eastwood a few years back at NASA when they were making a movie. Can't remember the name now. Eastwood looked great. Garner looked frail.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMLdL7MxZnA"]YouTube - Polaroid Commercial 1981 with Mariette Hartley James Garner [/ame]
Look at the Ghost effect in the video from the analog OTA recording. This was before cable for the person who gave it to me.

Last edited:
Remember this Commercial? I pulled this off the Macys Day Parade from 1981.

YouTube - Polaroid Commercial 1981 with Mariette Hartley James Garner.
Look at the Ghost effect in the video from OTA recording. This was before cable for the person who gave it to me.

Great post! Love the snowy ghost effect for that was how it was then! I remember this commercial! My dad had a couple Polaroid cameras including The One Step. I remember the real old Model 230 where you had to pull the picture out manually, wait for a couple minutes then pull off the negatives chemical side. I think it came with a tin that you could put the pictures in and warm them up! Great!!

I have the move My Fellow Americans with James Garner and Jack Lemmon! Very Funny Movie! Love James Garner!

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Attachments

• 230.jpg
    230.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 92
  • sx70sonar.jpg
    sx70sonar.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 89
Allow me to sum up everything that folks like us hold dear and true and with high regard and respect with this one last clip... I am sure that you will understand the whole theme of being an American and enjoying our freedom and our people and our country, sacred as she is, and may you possibly have a tear in your eye for the days when going to the movies downtown on a narrow Main Street where there were ushers on Saturday afternoons and when a guy in a white jacket made your soda in a tin cup behind a wooden bar.

When Saturday nights you argued with your parents to stay up later to watch the Creature Feature movies on TV and struggled to stay awake in church on Sunday mornings. When men walked on the outside of the sidewalk for a lady and held doors open and when you took your hat off for the Anthem at baseball games.

When you knew how to use a slide rule and you called your teacher sir or mam. When you went to each Grandparent's house to eat for Thanksgiving and Christmas (even if you were too full from the last meal) and everyone exchanged gifts and sung songs, instead of listening to the radio or record player.

When you went fishing with your Dad or your uncle Joe and had a blast! When life was good and the sun was a bright yellow and the sky was a crisp and deep blue all the time.

Well this should sum up that era pretty well....

RADAR

The times are defiantly different for sure radar! This was great, I forgot about the John Wayne Westerns as well! My dad loved those!

I can relate to all in this post as well, a time where you could leave your keys in your car, not lock you house doors when you went to the store and if you lost your wallet on the way, you got it back with all it’s contents! And if you ran out of gas on the road or broke down you always got help! These days seems like I am ashamed to be even called an American if you know what I mean!

B~Man

The times are defiantly different for sure radar! This was great, I forgot about the John Wayne Westerns as well! My dad loved those!

I can relate to all in this post as well, a time where you could leave your keys in your car, not lock you house doors when you went to the store and if you lost your wallet on the way, you got it back with all it’s contents! And if you ran out of gas on the road or broke down you always got help! These days seems like I am ashamed to be even called an American if you know what I mean!

B~Man

You have it right, FTABman! But, I think you have it a little wrong, too. You are not ashamed to be an American..... You are ashamed, like me, of the other people who call themselves Americans but do not act as Americans nor live like Americans nor behave like Americans.

RADAR

Great post! Love the snowy ghost effect for that was how it was then! I remember this commercial! My dad had a couple Polaroid cameras including The One Step. I remember the real old Model 230 where you had to pull the picture out manually, wait for a couple minutes then pull off the negatives chemical side. I think it came with a tin that you could put the pictures in and warm them up! Great!!

I have the move My Fellow Americans with James Garner and Jack Lemmon! Very Funny Movie! Love James Garner!

B~Man

Someone just reminded me about name of the movie , Space Cowboys. Remember when Kodak came out with a version of the same kind of Camera? Polaroid sued Kodak and won. They had to stop selling the instant cameras and film.

That Commercial really helped Polaroid sell those. Great Commercial. They did more then one version . I will post the others when I can.

I'd really love to see all those classics again. I really love Jim Rockford's crazy sense of humor when he tries to solve a mystery. Quincy is also awesome. I believe it was THE stepping stone for shows like CSI and Bones. CHiPs is also wonderful - full of action and humor.This is also true with Magnum PI and Knight Rider.

Last edited:
Disclaimer:

This web site may set you back to feeling like a young lad again due to a nostalgia filled look into our past!

Not responsible for any actions that may lead to you calling and hooking up with old girlfriends leading to divorces, stupid actions that may land you’re a$$ in jail or wrecked and or totaled cars!

Had to really smile on this quote from FTABman! :) Thanks friend!

Gordy

I had been trying to watch the RTN affiliates on G10/18, but it looks as if I will have to put some effort in relocating the dish to see if I can't get the dish to look over my neighbor's trees and get a lock on the RTN bird. Every night I've been looking at KDEV-LP, KEGS, and others and it definately isn't RTN - more like another independent network showing old movies or a nature documentary. It's definately not White Springs, MyTV, or ThisTV. I know it's some sort of network because I flipped through the ones supposedly RTN, but it's not RTN. All of them are showing the same feed except when it comes time for the commercials. Anyone know what network this might be?

Sorry for sidestepping on the subject here, but I thought I'd share what I've been watching. I'd really love to see all those classics again. I really love Jim Rockford's crazy sense of humor when he tries to solve a mystery. Quincy is also awesome. I believe it was THE stepping stone for shows like CSI and Bones. CHiPs is also wonderful - full of action and humor.This is also true with Magnum PI and Knight Rider.

Chips was great . And no digital effects back then . Real stuntmen doing the riding in that show. I remember Donny Most playing a rock star dressed up like looking a little like someone from Kiss.

My dad had a couple Polaroid cameras including The One Step. I remember the real old Model 230 where you had to pull the picture out manually, wait for a couple minutes then pull off the negatives chemical side. I think it came with a tin that you could put the pictures in and warm them up! Great!!

My brother had one of these.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7k2uwJmwxo"]YouTube - Vintage Polaroid Swinger Commercial[/ame]

A very Pleasent trip down memory lane for me, how about you?

I Dream of Jeanie was always a great treat

youtube.com/watch?v=bNg-xClEnqM&feature=related

YouTube - I Dream of Jeannie theme

RADAR

Last edited:
Oh Goodie Goodie!

I found it! This was one of my fav's~! Not many people ever knew about The Goodies. Another British comedy like Monty Python and Benny Hill.

youtube.com/watch?v=iV2495sc8rs&feature=related

YouTube - The Goodies - Winter Olympics (Part 1 of 3)

RADAR

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy July 4th to the FTA community and Satelliteguys!

Thinking about putting a motor to a 4 footer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)