The Rockford Files

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anybody remember Salvage 1 in 1979? Forgot about this show!

andy2a.jpg

I remember seeing this series. What I remember the most about the series was the rocket ship did not blast into space it slowly accelerated. Andy Griffin gives someone a demonstration on how the space ship will work by using a racing car. He has the guy all dress in racing clothes, helmet and all. They get in the car and the guy is ready for a fast take off, Andy inches the car around the track doubling the speed after every circle of the track and he explains how his space ship will accelerate differently from the NASA ones.

So that's why the mileage is so good.... It irritates the wife....

Or rather, because you love that car...

Very amusing...

PS. I like that window sticker. VERY COOL.

No, it REALLY gets that kind of mileage! :)

Since I have owned seven of them yes, I do love the car!

My wife calls it an old man car or a grandpa car, I sometimes (OK All The Time!) treat it better than her and that is what irritates the wife! :devil:

Her car, a 2007 Mini Van gets about 14 miles to the gallon (a V6) while mine (a V8 360) gets 35 to 32 on a bad week, gets her goat! :D

Although, last time a got around 24 MPG and that is a first but it idled a bunch on that tank so that is understandable! I start it up before I go and it runs for a good bit before I take her out. When I go places people want to see under the hood and it is usually running then too.

That is the worst I got in it so far, it has now 32,012 original miles on it now from when I bought it last year it had 29.145 garage kept miles! 31 year old car with that kind of mileage, it better get that kind of gas mileage! According to the book new the break in is 50,000 so I have not reached that yet! ;)

I can argue the gas mileage I really honestly get all day but let's get this thread back on track here with the Nostalgia of the Retro Era!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

I remember seeing this series. What I remember the most about the series was the rocket ship did not blast into space it slowly accelerated.............

Yes Mike that was it! I was watching The Andy Griffith Show the day before yesterday and remembered the show but barely! I had to do some online looking to find out what the show was even called! Salvage 1 was a good show, not the best for the last part of the 70's but it for what I can remember of it a decent show!

Took watching some of the Mayberry stuff to jog that one! Andy said something in that episode that he said in the Salvage 1 show and it started to come back!

I figure we have not even touched some of those good TV series that had only a couple season runs then cancelled! This was one of them!

Funny how stuff takes a long time to remember then when you do, they details are hard to recall without doing a bit of research on it!

I remembered Salvage 1, took 2 days to remember it completely but it all came back after I remembered the show with Andy in it! It really came back after I saw the rocket Vulture online! I remember the old tires that he mounted on the bottom for support feet if you will! Wow! Took me long enough to jar the brain there!

Radar, do you remember that one??

K E V I N

What is your favorite episode of Charlie’s Angels?

Respecting the passing of Farrah Fawcett, what is your favorite episode of Charlie’s Angels with Farrah pre Cheryl Ladd?

Mine was Target: Angels! The episode had a young Tom Selleck Pre Magnum P.I. ironically on a Private Eye Show!

:angel: Charlie's Angels :angel:

charlies-angels.jpg

Target: Angels (1976) Director Richard Lang
Charlie's Angels: Episode 005 (Episode Number title)
Air Date: Wednesday 10 27 1976 Network: ABC

xxx.youtube.com/watch?v=AkKgiFq81jM - Watch The Entire Episode!!

Farrah Fawcett credited Farrah Fawcett-Majors played Jill Munroe 29 episodes in Charlie's Angels, 1976-1980

Tom Selleck played Dr. Alan Samuelson

The Plot:
A series of attempts on the Angels' lives lead them to seek refuge in Charles Townsend's palatial home (where Bosley has already removed any evidence of Charlie's appearance). However, the three girls discover just in time to save their boss's life that he is the true target - allowing Charlie to once again slip away into obscurity.

Plot Synopsis
The Angels find themselves the apparent targets of an unknown assassin. To find out the reason, and to flush out their would-be murderer, our heroines pretend that Sabrina (Kate Jackson) was killed during the attempt on her life. Alas, by the time the Angels realize that the killer's real target is their boss, Charlie Townsend, they've managed to entrap themselves in Charlie's mansion.

K E V I N

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)