Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I know this is DirecTV news, however this may be of interest to Dish Network folks as well.

It was just announced that the NRTC is ending its agreement with DirecTV, this will open up DirecTV sales across the USA, now no matter where you live DirecTV programming will be sold at one price, no longer if you live in a rural area area will you have to pay higher prices for DirecTV services!

For more on this CLICK HERE

THE SATELLITE WAR IS ON!

And it get's better!

SatelliteGuys.US has learned that a large group of Forigen program providers are at DirecTV today signing contracts for DirecTV to carry their foriegn channels, many channels up until now have been exclusive to Dish Network.

SatelliteGuys.US hears that many of the forigen channels will debut on DirecTV in 45 days.

Again the Satellite War is ON!

It's going to get interesting folks and you can count on SatelliteGuys.US to bring you all the news first!

Just got an update on some of the people at DirecTV negotating for forigen channels, I am told that there are reps there from the following international markets.

Polish
Arab
German
Italian

Plus a few more. Again I am told that these new internationals will be on DirecTV within 45 days. I am also told that not all contracts are signed yet, however they expect everything to be done by Friday.

Hello all
This is just an FYI. It does not look like Walmart will be carrying Dish Network any more. I went to my local store the other night, and they had put all the RCA DP301 on clearance. Walmart had set up a special area that looks with a "fake" Direct TV Dish sticking out of it. this area had a bunch of posters in it about Direct TV and Sirus radio. The only thing I saw for Dish Network was some hand out info. I do not think Walmart will carry and hardware for either system, they will only deal with signing people up for Direct TV. Thought everyone would like to know. ...............John

I'll bet Dish wishes 7s blew up on the launchpad. DirecTV will be adding HD (quickly negating Dish's brief TNT lead), more locals (Dish's big strength), and now Dish's whole raison d'etre...Internationals.

Ouch. That's gotta smart a little. (Imagine if they added Supers?)

NHDishOwner said:
Hello all
This is just an FYI. It does not look like Walmart will be carrying Dish Network any more. I went to my local store the other night, and they had put all the RCA DP301 on clearance. Walmart had set up a special area that looks with a "fake" Direct TV Dish sticking out of it. this area had a bunch of posters in it about Direct TV and Sirus radio. The only thing I saw for Dish Network was some hand out info. I do not think Walmart will carry and hardware for either system, they will only deal with signing people up for Direct TV. Thought everyone would like to know. ...............John

Yep... this has been discussed here for several months now.

Many people stay with Dish just because their channels from their homeland are only on Dish. This is all soon to change.

Today the first shots of the Satellite War have been fired, I am sure we will be seeing lots more, and no matter which comapny wins comes out on top, ultimately this war will be good for the consumer.

Now that the first shots have been fired, I am interested in seeing how Dish will fire back.

juan said:
If D* is the "leader" in satellite tv Why are they copying their competition?

Somewtimes No. 1 can learn something from the competition.

I dont think the new 105 satellite is going to help much, as the majority of locals launches have been on the 121 satellite, I don't see them moving all the locals to 121 and giving everyone with a 121 superdish a 105 lnb.

> Polish
> Arab
> German
> Italian

Interesting. So, their market is bigger than Indian? If DirecTV got the Indian channels, well, actually cricket matches, most people in my area don't have to stay with Dish... :)

Hong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)