The Sopranos Final Season, Starts April 8

Tony has already lost most of his organization - Christopher; Silvio (and who could replace him as consigliere), Bobby. He's got Paulie and a few others whose names I never even learned. I hope he makes Phil swim with the fishes though.

I dont believe he has Paulie on his side. I feel Paulie is playing both sides of the fence. Remember when he met with Phil last season and didnt want Tony to know? Then, when nobody went to his "mothers" funeral, he felt very snubbed.

And when the Fed warned Tony, he specifically said "our snitch told us it's already in the works...". So, the FBI must have someone on the inside feeding them info. Dont know on which side though.

Talk about leaving you hanging!!!
If it was any other series, I'd say they left room for another season, or even a movie.
Very unsatisfying finale...

Talk about leaving you hanging!!!
If it was any other series, I'd say they left room for another season, or even a movie.
Very unsatisfying finale...

i thought it was great! anything else i think would have been contrived..... life goes on. this show all along has been about a regular joe whos job just happen to be a mob boss. most regular joes lifes just go on... till they die. sure a indy jones ending would be great, but not ture to the series.

btw, i ask this before.... why are there are so few replys to this thread??? the gekio caveman tv show has more. i know our membership is better then that!!
dont you guys watch this?? ok, im done, got to go eat!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It all ends in the blink of an eye!

Okay so Phil, the trouble-maker is dead and replaced by some one (probably by Johnny or the second) . The FBI "We're going to win" guy is in league with Tony so he may be safe even though there are undertones of another court case ahead of Tony. AJ is coming back from his depression magically. (I have a sibling that went through clinical depression...it never ends!). Meadow is going to be a mob lawer (she didn't say that I know but it is implied). Corrato totally lost his marbles. Janice will have money and will pawn of her step-kids to some one eventually. Paulie is now #2 guy though he is still the same old PITA to Tony. Carmela is now hosting a show on A&E competing with "Flip this House" so she is financially set. Silvio is a vegetable. And Tony is done with therapy (though he borrows some from AJ's therapist) and still king of his realm.

Does that about cover everything?

Even with that above, I felt empty when the end came so abruptly.

See ya
Tony

btw, i ask this before.... why are there are so few replys to this thread??? the gekio caveman tv show has more. i know our membership is better then that!! dont you guys watch this?? ok, im done, got to go eat!
We've had HBO off and on over the years but never had a desire to watch the show. Based on the outrage, most fans aren't too happy with the ending of the series finale.

I blame Meadow. If she had gotten that car into the space quicker we would know what happened.

I found this on another website. Perhaps people will feel better knowing it.

'So here is what I found out. The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.
So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).'

This would explain a lot. I think Tony was clipped by the bathroom guy. He kept remembering his conversation with Bobby about how 'when it happens, I bet you don't hear it'. Hence, the black screen and no more music. I too thought the satellite went out for a second or two. Bad enough the cat stepped on my remote and changed the channel right before Phil got it.

i have read several places today that the answers to the end were there....that chase had left clues.

i have to admit i only started watching the series last year and haven't caught up with the dvd sets, sans season 6, part 1.

but after watching this morning, i figured meadow survived to prosecute her family's killers.

My wive and I were stunned, thought the 622 took a crap. The whole episode, I kept waiting for something to happen....:(

Yeah, I just watched. WTF?? How was that a finale to the Sopranos saga?

I kept thinking that guy in the restaurant who went to the back was going to come back and shoot the whole family or something.

That was horrible. No resolution at all. :(

i have read several places today that the answers to the end were there....that chase had left clues.

i have to admit i only started watching the series last year and haven't caught up with the dvd sets, sans season 6, part 1.

but after watching this morning, i figured meadow survived to prosecute her family's killers.

What clues?

And to say Meadow survives to prosecute her family's killers; I guess we can believe whatever we want.

I still say that was a CRAPPY UN-SATISFYING ENDING.

I think someone else posted this and its more or less how I feel too. The show was about the day to day life of a person, that person happened to be a mob boss. The ending shows them continuing on in that day to day life. Now granted, I wanted a big explosive ending but after I took a couple days to think about it this one wasn't as bad as it could have been. Plus all the people in the restaurant were somehow connected to Tony or to the plot so that was kind of cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)