The Stick it to Dish anyway you can thread !

Bob, they have to still sell the current pricing structure. If they told everyone to wait, there would be no dish sales until the new promotions started. Same thing we have to go through as retailers. Do I tell a customer to wait till the new promo starts or do I make the sale now?

What is the point in waiting when the price is going up anyways?

Well D* isn't charging $17 for each additional DVR -- so as long as they keep their price substantially lower then I can see a noteworthy number of E* subs switching to D*.

Directv does not have a dual tv output receiver though. To have two additional receivers on Directv vs. having them on Dish would be $10 vs. $14 for NonDVR and $10 vs. $17 for DVR, a price difference of $4-7. As far as a dual tuner single tv output DVR the price difference is $5 (Dish charges $10 while Directv charges $5).*

Dish charges $40 for an EHD fee. Directv doesn't.

*Prices based upon new pricing in February 2010.

How far can you go on a coax on an IR distribution system before it will not work very well or not good at all anymore?
I have my coax split 4 ways with the longest run around 50-60 feet, and my picture still looks good. Even if you ran into distance issues, you could get an amplifier to boost the signal and easily overcome them. It IR is a separate wire and something I made myself, but there are consumer products that can piggy back the signal on the coax cable (so check them out their specs). Another control option instead of doing IR would be to buy more RF remotes (because I hear they can be setup to control TV1's output too).

Directv does not have a dual tv output receiver though. To have two additional receivers on Directv vs. having them on Dish would be $10 vs. $14 for NonDVR and $10 vs. $17 for DVR, a price difference of $4-7. As far as a dual tuner single tv output DVR the price difference is $5 (Dish charges $10 while Directv charges $5).*

Dish charges $40 for an EHD fee. Directv doesn't.

*Prices based upon new pricing in February 2010.
True, but -- for reasons I don't understand -- a lot of E* subs around here seem to not be using the TV2 output on their duo rec'rs. For them, they could get a second DVR with D* and save $12/month (or a hefty $144 annually).

Bob ,I know we agree on the whole fees being hiked thing beingwrong, but lets look at how much a sub pays right now on an extra duo tuner dvr .

7.00 additional /lease fee
5.00 dvr fee
----------------------------
05.00 no phone line connection fee
-----------------------------
17.00 total.

So if you didn't keep your phone plugged in you paid the $5.00 extra anyway. As for the dvr fee , you paid it too no matter what ,unless you had AEP. So DISH eliminated the break for dvrs on AEP and they do not allow any credit for the phone connection to the receiver. At most if you weren't an AEP sub you still payed the dvr fee and if you didn't keep it plugged into a phone you still paid $5.00 more or $17.00 for each dvr receiver after the first on your account. So at most you are paying $5.00 more for each duo tuner dvr unless you had AEP + the new $6.00 dvr fee per dvr account.

So what does that mean for AEP subs? Drop some of your extra premiums and dump your excess duo tuner dvrs and you will experience NO PRICE HIKE. In fact you will see your bill go DOWN. This is one increase you can actually avoid if you do a little homework. ...
Done. AEP to AT200. Canceled a second account. Triple play with FiOS with all premiums except Epix. Locked in my price for 24 mos. May cancel 2nd account [under contract till 1/2011] late this year after I get 2 more $40 promotions.
You're comparing dumping programming to save on DVR fees.
The onus is on DISH, not me. They have been a pain in the @ss for me the last year. I have paid quite enough for their so-called superior equipment. Now I get to pay $17 for an owned 722 for the luxury of receiving DISH programming downstairs.

For AEP people, there's another $3 fee which DISH does not acknowledge. [$6 fee -3 AEP drop= Extra $3 fee for AEP people.
DISH won't fix my DVR or replace without a contract, correct? What am I paying for?
So I canceled one account, asked when my contract is up on the other, dropped from AEP to AT200. After the Olympics it is AT100+ for me. DISH will lose $47 a month from me. Plus the 2nd account. I my cancel after September, after I get my credits. I will save $600 in 24 mos. with FiOS, a lot more if I totally cancel DISH. Plus I can get an additional box without signing another 2 year contract with Verizon, believe it!
Verizon has another higher capacity box in the works. Their boxes are really nice. Amazing what they've done with Motorola boxes.

So stop it DISH apologists, this plain and simple S**KS!!!

Stop feeding the PIG!

Done. AEP to AT200. Canceled a second account. Triple play with FiOS with all premiums except Epix. Locked in my price for 24 mos. May cancel 2nd account [under contract till 1/2011] late this year after I get 2 more $40 promotions.
The onus is on DISH, not me. They have been a pain in the @ss for me the last year. I have paid quite enough for their so-called superior equipment. Now I get to pay $17 for an owned 722 for the luxury of receiving DISH programming downstairs.

For AEP people, there's another $3 fee which DISH does not acknowledge. [$6 fee -3 AEP drop= Extra $3 fee for AEP people.
DISH won't fix my DVR or replace without a contract, correct? What am I paying for?
So I canceled one account, asked when my contract is up on the other, dropped from AEP to AT200. After the Olympics it is AT100+ for me. DISH will lose $47 a month from me. Plus the 2nd account. I my cancel after September, after I get my credits. I will save $600 in 24 mos. with FiOS, a lot more if I totally cancel DISH. Plus I can get an additional box without signing another 2 year contract with Verizon, believe it!
Verizon has another higher capacity box in the works. Their boxes are really nice. Amazing what they've done with Motorola boxes.

Stop feeding the PIG!

This is the point of this thread! as more people cancel and downgrade along with the thousands that just visit the site seeing this discussion and others, it puts doubt in people's minds and they will think twice before signing up or renewing. Being in sales, there is nothing worse than trying to retain or get a customer than word of mouth dissatisfaction. It's especially hard when they have negative hard facts. I would hate to be in the dish sales and marketing team working for commission starting next month. Most of the subs here that are doing the most complaining, "like me" own there own equipment. If dish would like a little less negative impact on there subs and potential subs they may want to reconsider the unfair fees for owned equipment!

This is the point of this thread! as more people cancel and downgrade along with the thousands that just visit the site seeing this discussion and others, it puts doubt in people's minds and they will think twice before signing up or renewing. Being in sales, there is nothing worse than trying to retain or get a customer than word of mouth dissatisfaction. It's especially hard when they have negative hard facts. I would hate to be in the dish sales and marketing team working for commission starting next month. Most of the subs here that are doing the most complaining, "like me" own there own equipment. If dish would like a little less negative impact on there subs and potential subs they may want to reconsider the unfair fees for owned equipment!

I called from a phone dish doesnt have me listed with, built a dream 3 722K system, got the quote detailing all fees/ As of yesterday E was still selling the old prices. Proudly said no DVR fee with AEP etc etc, 7 bucks per extra 722

with such a dramatic increase E is going to get LOTS of bad word of mouth and hopefully attention of the media:)

I worked pover the sales guy, over the fees and asked him how HE would feel if someone sold him a bill of goods like he is.

The subs first bill will be the new pricing.

E should do something for anyone who price goes up dramatically.

Stop feeding the PIG!

NOT apologizing for DISH . Just being realistic about the changes. You can be REACTIVE or PROACTIVE. That was my advice to Bob since he keeps going on about this hike. In my opinion the equipment hike is the worst thing that DISH could do right now. Bad economy , No jobs , Home foreclosures out the ass. But that being said , there are ways around the hike. This price hike is avoidable if you do your homework and make some changes on your end.

IF you have AEP , drop some premiums and OR drop some extra duo tuner dvrs. Like I told Bob, you can exchange them for a 211k or 612. Sell the old dvrs on ebay, or trade them into a dish online retailer for credit towards a 211k or 612.

DISH is wrong for these outrageous hikes on equipment fees, but that being said , you can either bend over and take the dry f*ckng or you can be proactive and do something about it. Either way bitchin about the changes and continuing to cry about them, isn't going to make DISH change their plans. IF it did work, we would never have a price hike ever again.

DISH is wrong for these outrageous hikes on equipment fees, but that being said , you can either bend over and take the dry f*ckng or you can be proactive and do something about it. Either way bitchin about the changes and continuing to cry about them, isn't going to make DISH change their plans. IF it did work, we would never have a price hike ever again.

Gee, dude, tell us how you really feel.
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

i only got one 722. so no equip fees at all. i will go up 1.00 as my new bill will have the 6.00 dvr fee instead of the dda plan.

if i went with direct, i would have to pay an addtional 5.00 dollars for a second receiver, plus more per month for the programming.

my price increase last year was 3.00. so its actually less for me this year.

True, but -- for reasons I don't understand -- a lot of E* subs around here seem to not be using the TV2 output on their duo rec'rs. For them, they could get a second DVR with D* and save $12/month (or a hefty $144 annually).

my 2 722s live in sigle mode, except when for unknown reasons they go to dual mode by themselves:(

You should have stressed the fact that you own your equipment and that the fees are the same for leased and owned. To me, thats the most outrageous part of this new pricing.

yeah my bad:( but E cant like that sort of story.

Now imagine a 1000 new subs under contract with similar complaints:)

tomorrow congressman jason altmire office, customers need federal protection from companies that jack up rates a lot.

I know jason he is a nice guy, I am a campaign volunteer:) I have connections:)

Not hard

I dont have a link to them:( Do you? I would like to see what they say.

It wasn't hard to find the re;ys that say you are full of Sh**.
Letters to the Editor: More on DISH Rate Changes

The Dish customer complaint is not right, because a Dish 625 would bill at $5 for the extra Receiver, $6 for DVR fee add (with no land based phone) extra outlet fee of $5 or a total of $16 (or $11 with a phone line), the new rate is $17 or a $1 to $6 increase. Not too much compared to most Major Providers!

Kevin Smith
Digital Direct Comm.
______

To the unhappy retailer who thinks Dish is out to gouge their customers... First, if you really looked at the big picture you would know that Dish has the best equipment and programming out there! Second, Dish is making ground and the promotions are working.

Thirdly, Dish is finally listening to their retailers and they get the fact that there are some problems, some things are broke and they are coming up with solutions to fix and address those items.

I have been a retailer for Dish for over 10 years and things have only gotten better and continue to improve over time. I am excited to see all the new technology and innovations coming only from Dish.

And finally, had this retailer waited and cooled off before sending his letter, he would have received the same email that I did last night from Dish, who once again heard their retailers and listened.

I am a Dish and Dish Network is my company!

David R. Varner
Lake Country Satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)