The Strain - FX

Well done season finale. They came up with an interesting twist or two to carry through to next year.

Yep I enjoyed it, the characters are what makes the show, the old man with the lifelong quest to put an end to evil, the cdc man trying to keep everything in scientific perspective, now with no choice but to believe.Looking forward to next season.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well I liked it because they ended it with the potential for another season or in case they show doesn't come back, they could end it this way with the world looking like it would get taken over by the vampire vermin. Either way, I would be satisfied, no matter which way they choose to go .

Not really. IT was more of a giant insect if I recall.

it.png

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099864/

I just remember this clown character looking up from a sewer through the grate...

That is my only complaint with the show,count dracula looks too cartoonish.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Got the news that "The Strain" is renewed for season 3 next summer 2016 and will only last through season 5 in 2018 and will end after that season.

This season does not seem as interesting to me as the first one. I hope that it picks up over the next few episodes. Eff's rebel kid needs to go... And really a whole story line of the old guy (Eichorst) trying to date the young gal is just not the vampire sex appeal ideal... I liked the vampire enforcer plot but they just swept them literally away...

Reactions: MikeD-C05
FX's vampire drama The Strain embraced the stupid and became much better http://www.vox.com/2015/9/7/9271069/the-strain-recap-fx-review
It's hard to make good stupid TV.By that I don't mean "so bad it's good" or any other phrases so worn out they've ceased to have meaning. I mean a show that is about something stupid, and knows it's about something stupid, and somehow makes you care about that very stupid thing. These are usually (though not always) genre shows, and they often have tones that vacillate wildly between deeply serious scenes and outright camp. They often struggle to get that mixture just right.The Strain experienced that exact struggle in its first season. Outside of a couple of solid episodes (and one genuinely entertaining midseason hour), the vampire drama always felt like it was trapped by its own desire to be taken seriously. It could have been gloriously silly, but the show was on FX and, thus, too good for that.Things did not look much better headed into season two. Where the goal of the first season was to kill the Master, the head vampire, the goal of the second season is to find a book. That's right — the second season's major goal could be accomplished by checking a card catalog. (Okay, it's more complicated than that, but give me my joke.)And yet The Strain has slowly wormed its way into my affections, as surely as one of the show's vampire worms burrowing into a victim's eye. It has figured out how to be stupid and entertaining, all at once. How? Read on.

I have enjoyed this series and it started out slow but has gotten alot better this season and can't wait for next season once this one ends!! imo :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)