The Super Bowl

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Little-known fact about SB I: the second-half kickoff was replayed because both CBS and NBC, both of which telecast that game, were in commercial at the time. So they just did it over.

Little-known fact about SB I: the second-half kickoff was replayed because both CBS and NBC, both of which telecast that game, were in commercial at the time. So they just did it over.

I know about that!

I recorded a show on the history of the NFL on TV (it's called Replay), and it explained just that.

I taped that special too. That's a great show. All the old stuff, vintage stuff, tailor made for this forum.

I can't help but ask, if you remember the first SB, what do you remember about the Ice Bowl?

of course the biggest thing to remember is jerry kramers block on jethro pugh!

Attachments

• 1967 Packers - Ice Bowl.jpg
    1967 Packers - Ice Bowl.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 371
OK guys, I am showing my age here. As a kid, our family was diehard Green Bay Packers fans because my Dad was from GB and he tried out for them once. The very first Super Bowl was in Los Angeles and I lived in Long Beach at the time. All TV stations for a 50 mile radius were "blacked out" (sucks). Someone posted instructions in the newspaper on how to build a TV antenna to pick up a San Diego channel, so my Dad & I built the antenna and placed it on our chimney. VOILA!! The picture was typical analog grainy, but we got to watch the first Super Bowl! To top it off, Green Bay won, YEAH!!!!

Remember that well, we ended up visiting friends in San Diego so we could see it. It was carried on both networks

If you had to choose a Super Bowl team, who would choose? The 84 49ers? The 86 Giants? The 75 Steelers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts