The SuperBuddy Show!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Tom Haywood of Applied Instruments, the makers of the world famous Super Buddy and Sat Buddy Satellite Meters joined us for another edition of the SatelliteGuys Radio Show!

Tom answerd all kind of questions about the SuperBuddy! Thank you to everyone who caled in with their questions and also to those who were in our chat rooms!

If you are a satellite installer you will not want to miss this edition of the SatelliteGuys Radio Show!

Please leave some comments on what you thought of this edition of the SatelliteGuys Radio Show below! THANKS AND ENJOY!!

Attachments

• show6.mp3
    13.6 MB · Views: 1,219
I told you guys I would find you this information last night about the software updates... and here it is. :)

Super Buddy Update Notification List

We can notify you when we post new updates to the Super Buddy. Just send us an e-mail by clicking: subscribe-supbud@appliedin.com with "Subscribe To Super Buddy Update List" in the Subject box. We will then send you an e-mail notification when new plans are added.

Yea im still amazed that these things are going on ebay for over 800 bucks for the super buddy! The product is great and if I would consider selling all of my meters for it! The constitation and the spectrum analyzer on is well worth it!

Yea im still amazed that these things are going on ebay for over 800 bucks for the super buddy! The product is great and if I would consider selling all of my meters for it! The constitation and the spectrum analyzer on is well worth it!

Sadoun had the Super Buddy 29 for $629 on Ebay a couple of weeks ago.

! The constitation and the spectrum analyzer on is well worth it!
Now a word on the spectrum analyzer... its more a spectrum viewer then it is a spectrum analizer. You cant look at the display and move the dish trying to find a bird. Instead its for when your on a satellite and want to see what all the signals look like on that bird.

So don't but it thinking your getting a spectrum analizer, because you will be disapointed.

But if your locked on a bird it is cool to see all the signals on that bird. :)

Scott, with your permission, I would like to link to this audio on my forum. How can I do that?

Congratulations to Scott Haywood on his twins.

Thanks Scott. How do make it stream instead of downloading? Just as you have up on your first post.

By the way the interview was awesome. Do you have an online list of other interviews and audio product reviews you have done so far?

Tom Haywood of Applied Instruments, the makers of the world famous Super Buddy and Sat Buddy Satellite Meters joined us for another edition of the SatelliteGuys Radio Show!

Tom answerd all kind of questions about the SuperBuddy! Thank you to everyone who caled in with their questions and also to those who were in our chat rooms!

If you are a satellite installer you will not want to miss this edition of the SatelliteGuys Radio Show!

Please leave some comments on what you thought of this edition of the SatelliteGuys Radio Show below! THANKS AND ENJOY!!

Thank you Scott (and Tom Haywood) for the excellent show!

I have owned the SuperBuddy meter for several years now and I can aclaim to its merits. I have used it to set up many FTA installations (my main objective) and even the Wild Blue internet system as well as some DirecTV installs.

I purchased this for my own benefit, not so much as a business enterprise, but more of a luxury toy. I just couldn't resist the idea of owning one. Now that I have it, I LOVE it! I cannot tell you how nice and how convenient this meter is or how often I rely upon it!

I cannot say that for the price that it is justifiable for a person who just wants to install their own FTA system, there are other methods to accomplish this, but for anyone who is familiar with setting up numerous systems for clients/customers, you cannot beat the time savings of this meter.

If I were a DN or DirecTV or WildBlue or other installer by trade, I don't know how I would get along without this meter. It is a "high tech" and user friendly unit and as Tom said, it is built to handle the extremes! I never have dropped mine off a roof, but I know that it could handle it if I did.

I look at this instrument differently than most. Since my business is not that of an installation tech, I really don't require it. I am mostly just playing with FTA for my own enjoyment. So I truly don't require it for my personal purposes, but now that I have it, I would never give it up! It is just so fantastic, regarding what it can do.

Yes, if you are going into business to install any service from a satellite provider, whether it be FTA, DN, DirecTV, or internet access via WildBlue, HughesNet or others, you really should put this meter at the top of your list for tools.

And, you won't believe how excellent the customer service from Applied Instruments is! You have a question? You have a problem? No trouble, you call them up and you speak to the guys (like Tom Haywood himself) directly! They walk you through everything and if the problem cannot be fixed over the phone, they send you out a brand new meter (almost immediately) to replace yours and you send yours back to them to be doctored and refurbished. I couldn't believe how fast they were at this!

If I were to rate any company in the world on their product and their support services, Applied Instruments would be so far above all others that you couldn't possibly imagine any competition being nearby. Most businesses in the world don't operate this way, or this good! I have never seen or experienced anything like it before or after. These guys know their stuff! And this meter is definitely worth the price, I would never trade mine for anything and I am just using it for fun and convenience. Imagine what you could do with it if it were a tool of your career!

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts