The switch .2 / .4 WA

Best guess - they can be used in both applications, and have alot of them?

yup cost reasons...engineering did not get the OK from upper management....1k4 brings in better signal

From what I understand is.. They will be going back to the 1.4. They just have a large surplus of 1.2. So dish needs to "get rid of them" Once they are all used up.. We will go back to the 1.4..

From what I understand is.. They will be going back to the 1.4. They just have a large surplus of 1.2. So dish needs to "get rid of them" Once they are all used up.. We will go back to the 1.4..

This is not correct. The price for the k.4 was double, and whoever made the switch nationwide didn't have permission to do it. It will stay k.2.

When we switched from 1.2 to the 1.4 our warehouse manager was told to ship all parts for the 1.2 back.. Except for the LNB'S. He was to keep those for TCS.. Now the switch back to 1.2. He was told to keep all 1.4 stuff. Because we will be going back to them..

from my understanding and what my IM told me, COST was the issue, thats why were switching back to 1k2...

Charlie has his hands in everything.... Do you honestly think they would do a nation wide switch with out him knowing about it???

Well, either Charlie knew about this beforehand and changed his mind afterwards and decided to switch back to the .2 or he didn't know about this beforehand and then afterwards demanded the switch back to the .2.

This does make me wonder thou, since Charlie is supposedly no longer running the company (wink, wink), suppose Joe Clayton decided to stick with the .4 Western Arc dish/LNB. Does he really have the authority to do that?

Lol you actually think that Charlie gave to squirts about what dish was being used? No, Maybe a few EVP's would have cared and said something about it, but things are so different from region to region that I doubt Charlie even knew what was going on. This is Dish we are talking about, not a highly organized company that the left hand actually knows what the right hand is doing. Cost or not, they probably did it to see what signals would be like with that dish around the country, or to get all the 1k2 setup's back so that they can count them one by one, yeah thats it, it makes sense right!! Yes the 1k4 may cost more, but if signal strengths were better, and the remote possibility that TC's could be avoided by that, maybe they would have left them...But honestly, its dish, the same company that has done more irrational projects and out of market trips for wasteful reasons than any company I have ever heard of.

Well, either Charlie knew about this beforehand and changed his mind afterwards and decided to switch back to the .2 or he didn't know about this beforehand and then afterwards demanded the switch back to the .2.

This does make me wonder thou, since Charlie is supposedly no longer running the company (wink, wink), suppose Joe Clayton decided to stick with the .4 Western Arc dish/LNB. Does he really have the authority to do that?

Good question.. But the decision to go back to the 1.2 was made before he took over..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)