The truth about cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
For installations, knowing how people have a cow over the price of "good" cables. I use GE brand available at CC. (Look for them hard, they like to hide them and display Monster al over the place)

Inexpensive, but not to much so. They seem of decent quality, I've used them a lot.

Monster is definetly overrated I have purchased hundreds of dollars over the years in monster cables. One pair of their $80 dollar gas charged component cables is sitting out in my garage because it has a short in it. The only reason I have not returned it was because of a bad experience returning a optical cable with them, the actually called reemed me out about putting the wrong department on the envolope.I only did as the one service rep instructed me to do. I currently have a monster surge protector that all my plugs fit so loosley I have to make sure their all tight whenever I move it slightly. Go with Acustic Research IMOP.

Monster Cable is a pure exercise in marketing and propaganda. Their least expensive DVI cable runs around $90. I have done testing using DVI cables and have had flawless results all the way to UXGA resolution (the highest data rate I could send) with a DVI cable I bought for $17. Also, this cable had Molex connectors which are very good quality.

Monster Cable relys on marketing hype and on paying a commision to any salesperson who sells their stuff. I've gotta say that they have done an amazing job of promoting themselves and getting their cables in about every shop you can buy cables at.

Monster Cables are way overpriced. I will never buy another Monster Cable product.
here's a link to some very well made cables & prices aren't bad.

Blue Jeans Cables

I will say that the old Radio Shack Gold Series were not gold "plated". Can't remember the process though. Maybe you chemists out there may know their process.

Another place I have bought from:

accessories4less

Barney

Status
Not open for further replies.