The Tube comes to Minneapolis

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The Tube is now on in Minneapolis via Channel 23 WB (for now..soon to be CW)

Amazingly enough, SINClair is the one who owns the station.

Its on 23-2 :)

(now to get a HD decoder)

I saw this on a TV at Best Buy the other night. I miss it from its FTA days, so one of these days I may end up shelling out for one of the low-end HDTVs.

The Tube is not in HD and because it is multi-casted, the PQ is not very good. However, when I watched it the other day, they had some pretty good music at least.

MarkoC said:
The Tube is not in HD and because it is multi-casted, the PQ is not very good. However, when I watched it the other day, they had some pretty good music at least.

Yep... it gets about 1 megabit on the bit rate scale on my CBS affiliate. Looks someone puked on my 57inch when I put it on. ;)

We have the Tube in St. Louis (WB 11.2). PQ is not very good but I did see Peter Gabriel singing "Games without Frontiers" while riding a Segway (sp). I can't wait to see "Shock the Monkey" or any of the old Flock of Seagulls!!

leo250 said:
PQ is not very good but I did see Peter Gabriel singing "Games without Frontiers" while riding a Segway (sp).
If you have VOOM then keep an eye on Rave where they air that complete concert, which was an EXCELLENT concert. (And look for Peter Gabriel to climb into a big balloon (into the middle) and bounce like hell. :D

Really cool set. Really cool concert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)