The Tube

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DapOrp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
Ok, I love the tube first of all, it's a great channel, hope it stays in the clear forever.

One concern I have, is that the volume is insanely varied from one video to the next, and then when a commercial comes on, holy crap it's loud!

Is everyone else getting this too? or is there something wrong with my setup?
I have a Twinhan 102G using RitzDVB.

Commercials are loud. If it were not for the automatic compensation built into my TV, this would really suck. (I have a feature called SMART SOUND or similar that stops, sort of, the booming from commericals.)

The biggest problem is the technical skills of the people running this channel; it is also part of the charm of this channel. At night they do a request show. They never seem to get things right. They leave the mics hot, they play the wrong videos, the technical staff is in the same room as the talent and you can hear them on mic, they play the wrong song (Michael Jackson's Beat it instead of Thriller), and so on. Their encoding of the videos to the servers more for space than for video quality. I highly doubt that the person loading the videos into the computers normalized them, rode the audio levels, used a compressor/limiter, or really cared about the audio quality. But I still love them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)