The Upgrade Path

Cabby

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
I stole this from the good folks at dbstalk.com, but it's incredibly handy if you just want a straight answer on what your options are:

For customers with an 811
• Lease next generation High Definition Receiver (ViP 211 or similar)*
• Leased Upgrade Fee: FREE
• Professional Installation: $49 (includes state of the art dish antenna if applicable)
• Total Upgrade Package Price: $49
*Requires return of existing receiver as exchange

For customers with a 921 or 942
• Lease next generation High Definition Receiver (ViP 622 or similar)*
• Promotional Price Available to New & Existing Customers: $299
• Special REBATE: $200
• Total Upgrade Package Price: $99*
*includes professional installation and state of the art dish antenna (if applicable) Due to limited quantities of equipment, we are not starting the rebate promotion until April 1, so it benefits people to wait a little bit.

For customers who want HD for the very first time, but don't want HD DVR
• Lease next generation High Definition Receiver (ViP 211 or similar)*
• Leased Upgrade Fee: $49
• Professional Installation: $49 (includes state of the art dish antenna if applicable)
• Total: $98

For customers who want HD for the first time and want DVR
• Lease next generation High Definition Receiver (ViP 622 or similar)*
• Promotional Price Available to New & Existing Customers: $299
• Total Upgrade Package Price: $299
*includes professional installation and state of the art dish antenna (if applicable)

The 211 upgrade sounds great but they said (when I called) it is only available to new customers. Have to wait at least 2 months if you are a current customer. Anybody else get this response from Dish???

Mac Daddy said:
The 211 upgrade sounds great but they said (when I called) it is only available to new customers. Have to wait at least 2 months if you are a current customer. Anybody else get this response from Dish???

That is bunk. My friend here at work is a current sub and got the 211 today. When you call Dish, go to the tech support option, then other, then the need help with HD receiver option. That will take you to someone who (most likely) knows what is going on and will hook you up.

ordered my 622 earlier today to swap out my 811 and 301. Will keep my 508 and 510 since I love these DVRs. Install date is 2-22. They say I'll have to upgrade or add a new "1000" antenna as well. I paid the $299 now and didn't want to wait for 4-1 for $200 credit. I hear they're really behind on installs.

I have an 811 and 501 DVR, both leased. I upgraded to HDBronze today and am scheduled for the installation of a ViP622 DVR on February 25. They charged my credit card for $299.99 today. They're going to send me shipping boxes to return the 811 and 501 after the 622 is installed.

Larry
SF

The 811 to 211 free upgrade does not exist. It cost me 49.00 and their sending the new receiver to me.

Last edited:
waltinvt said:
So you're getting at 211 AND 2 622s ? http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=470614&postcount=11

Edit: Nevermind, I think I misunderstood the other thread

In the thread you linked above, I was making a comment about the guy that said he was able to 2 622's and all he had to do was send back his 811. People are going to want to know how he did that. :) Hell I want to know how he did that.

My comment in this thread is in reference to the first post that said the lease upgrade fee from an 811 to a 211 is free with 49.00 installation. This is the first time I've seen this anywhere. I paid 49.00 to upgrade one of my 811's, and they are sending me the new receiver. I do have to return one of my 811's, to be honest I'm happy to get rid of at least one of them for the time being.

I just got off the phone with a CSR, and he said that I will be able to get the 622 with the $200 rebate if I wait until April 1st, even though all I have is an 811. He is supposed to have made an entry in my account so that I am already on the list. An e-mail with all of the details is supposed to be sent to me.

gws said:
I just got off the phone with a CSR, and he said that I will be able to get the 622 with the $200 rebate if I wait until April 1st, even though all I have is an 811. He is supposed to have made an entry in my account so that I am already on the list. An e-mail with all of the details is supposed to be sent to me.

That rep was talking out his butt dude. There is no rebate on April 1st for subs with the 811. Call them back and put in your order and pay the $299. Again, there has been no announcement (nor will there be) that 811 leasers are getting a rebate. Only people with 942s afaik.

I own a dish 811 and 4900, and subscribe to America's 180 and the $10 HD package.

Can I upgrade the 4900 to a 211 and what will it cost? And will my monthly fees have to change?

Thanks

Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)