The Uplink Report - September 2022

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Since it looks like we are no longer going to have any kind of automatic uplink report, the purpose of this thread is to provide a convenient place for all of us to report any changes to the Dish channel lineup that we happen to notice. The idea is to have at least one member (hopefully, at least one member with each of the most popular base packages) set their guide to All Channels at least once per week, look for any changes, and post them here. That way, the rest of us can be informed about any new channels. We shouldn't really have to do it this way, but with no new uplink reports, I really don't see any better way to accomplish this goal.

Dish's major uplinks each week usually occur on Wednesday afternoons, between 3:00 PM Eastern and 4:00 PM Eastern. So, any time after that would be a good time to scroll through your guide and look for any new channels, or any other changes that Dish made that week. If you see anything noteworthy, please post it here so we can have some kind of record of approximately when these changes occurred. Remember, we no longer have an automatic archive of Dish's uplinks, so it is up to all of us to look for and track these changes. By posting here, it may help us better answer any future questions that may be posted about when specific channels were added, moved, or changed packages.

This thread is intended to document any changes to Dish's national channel lineup. (The kind of changes that we can all verify, no matter where we live.) If you spot any changes to your local channel lineup (especially any channel removals due to contract negotiations) you are encouraged to start a new thread about your market or about that dispute. (Or, look for the existing thread, if someone else has already started one.)

Thank you for your cooperation in this effort. Think of it as a fun easter egg hunt through the guide. Maybe there will even be a prize for the member(s) with the most valuable reporting. So far, zippyfrog is in the lead with the most valuable reporting from last month's thread. What is the prize, and when will it be rewarded? Stay tuned to these threads the remainder of this year to find out!

Have a great month, everyone! Enjoy your Dish service, and keep watching the skies...

I usually check the NOT IN LIST and IN LIST (###) to see if any channels have been added or removed once a month. I have all of the available channels in the IN LIST so I know if anything changed.
Then I go back to my list of favorite Channels.

Maybe there will even be a prize for the member(s) with the most valuable reporting.

What is the prize, and when will it be rewarded? Stay tuned to these threads the remainder of this year to find out!
I have decided to go ahead and award the prize for reporting in my uplink threads, dating back to last month's thread:

Congratulations, zippyfrog!
I will be contacting you by private message, so you may claim your prize!

Going forward, I am starting a campaign to get Dish Technical Operations to start providing us with Official uplink reports from Dish. Dish Technical Operations has been taking a much more active role in the forum lately, including putting actual software release notes in the sticky thread about the software. So, Uplink Reports would seem to be the next logical step.

Dish is about to be making massive uplink changes on Western Arc over the next couple of months, involving the phase-out of MPEG-2. So, it would be nice to be able to track Dish's progress on this effort in real time as it happens. Even if it is simply a broad overview of the changes being made (rather than the very detailed uplink reports that James Long used to provide) it would still be better than nothing.

Going forward, I am starting a campaign to get Dish Technical Operations to start providing us with Official uplink reports from Dish. Dish Technical Operations has been taking a much more active role in the forum lately, including putting actual software release notes in the sticky thread about the software. So, Uplink Reports would seem to be the next logical step.
Please don't. The Technical Operations Team has nothing to do with that nor is in contact with anyone from the Uplink team. The uplink team is in a totally different state. And the uplink staff has never been able to post anything about the uplinks as it is considered propitary data. But I do know that they use to compare our data with theirs after uplink and there were a few times in checking our data that they found a mistake in what they did.

Its too bad that none of the automation programs run anymore, but the DISH datatable got too big to process and had too many changes to it which was giving bad data. Remember the software we used was by someone who has passed away and all that knowledge went away with him.

Please don't.
Fair enough.

This is still my official announcement that I am ending my series of monthly Uplink threads. Since most of the major changes coming up in the near future involve the transition from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4, I will continue to post any changes I may observe, on my deactivated 512 (MPEG-2) receivers, in the monthly Free Previews threads instead.

Two new channels I noticed today:

9635 WFSP - Wells Fargo Espanol
9640 WELLS - Wells Fargo

According to the outdated James Long channel list, these channels were previously on the 121 satellite:

9635​
WFSPBusiness TV (WFSP)
sd0.gif
y.gif
121ー​
21​
9640​
WELLSBusiness TV (Wells Fargo)
sd0.gif
y.gif
121ー​
21​

These channels are still being broadcast in MPEG-2, since I also see them on my deactivated 512.

North Platte, NE no SD only HD locals - KNOP, KPNE, KIIT, KHGI, KPNL

SD channels should be on SD 119° 5sA07. The guide data no longer lists the SD channels. I am in an odd spot and don't get 110° 29s29 which is where the HD channels are.

North Platte, NE no SD only HD locals - KNOP, KPNE, KIIT, KHGI, KPNL

SD channels should be on SD 119° 5sA07. The guide data no longer lists the SD channels. I am in an odd spot and don't get 110° 29s29 which is where the HD channels are.
Have you tried the SD feeds' four-digit channel numbers in the 6570's? When Dish is transitioning the MPEG-2 SD locals, they will usually remove the mapdown to the local channel numbers. However, they leave the feeds uplinked and active on the four-digit numbers for a few weeks, to give people more time to upgrade their equipment without completely losing the programming from those channels.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Have you tried the SD feeds' four-digit channel numbers in the 6570's? When Dish is transitioning the MPEG-2 SD locals, they will usually remove the mapdown to the local channel numbers. However, they leave the feeds uplinked and active on the four-digit numbers for a few weeks, to give people more time to upgrade their equipment without completely losing the programming from those channels.
Regretfully, those are missing as well; in the guide, and tuning directly. Having an installer out next week.