The Walking Dead on AMC

Essentially the show works because of the interactions of the characters. The zombies are really just an excuse to have these people that would never associate with each other forced to be together to survive. A constant threat that keeps them together and the pot (plot) boiling.

Essentially the show works because of the interactions of the characters. The zombies are really just an excuse to have these people that would never associate with each other forced to be together to survive. A constant threat that keeps them together and the pot (plot) boiling.

They've got pot? Well, it would certainly make zombie whacking a lot more fun. :D Anyway, good show...but I hope they don't spend the entire season in the prison. ;)

Meh...I think they over reacted to criticism for not enough Zombie killing last year. Was not overwhelmed.

I don't see how Hershel will survive the attack. They cut off his infected bite part of his leg, but the sheriff said he was bleeding out. So either way he will become a one legged zombie, at least till kill his brain.

I don't see how Hershel will survive the attack. They cut off his infected bite part of his leg, but the sheriff said he was bleeding out. So either way he will become a one legged zombie, at least till kill his brain.

That was gory!

AMC gory matters here!

I don't get it. Anybody that's ever watched a few movies or tv shows knows how easy it is to build a fire, and use heated metal to cauterize Hershels leg stump.

Problem solved, and he no longer will bleed out. It's posible the shock of cauterizing it will kill him, but bleeding out surely will, so why not try?

Also, they don't have to worry about zombie's "infecting" them. The CDC guy in the 1st season told Rick: "We are ALL infected". They proved that in season 2, where when Rick killed Shane, he immediately re-animated as a zombie in just seconds. So, any death at all results in you becoming a zombie. You can only hope somebody shoots you in the head immediately.

I don't get it. Anybody that's ever watched a few movies or tv shows knows how easy it is to build a fire, and use heated metal to cauterize Hershels leg stump.

Problem solved, and he no longer will bleed out. It's posible the shock of cauterizing it will kill him, but bleeding out surely will, so why not try?

Also, they don't have to worry about zombie's "infecting" them. The CDC guy in the 1st season told Rick: "We are ALL infected". They proved that in season 2, where when Rick killed Shane, he immediately re-animated as a zombie in just seconds. So, any death at all results in you becoming a zombie. You can only hope somebody shoots you in the head immediately.

They may open episode 2 showing exactly what you describe!;)

They are going to have to kill Hershell now with a bullet to the brain , or they will end up with another zombie to deal with. My question is what about the inmates that are still in the prison that aren't zombies? How long have they been living off of just commissary food. It isn't like they could leave the place to go hunt. How about water? Bathrooms? Supposedly we have only moved forward about 6 or 7 months from the original season 1, where it was summertime ,since they mentioned they got through the winter and it was now spring again. These are all questions they will have to address in the next episode.

They are going to have to kill Hershell now with a bullet to the brain , or they will end up with another zombie to deal with. My question is what about the inmates that are still in the prison that aren't zombies? How long have they been living off of just commissary food. It isn't like they could leave the place to go hunt. How about water? Bathrooms? Supposedly we have only moved forward about 6 or 7 months from the original season 1, where it was summertime ,since they mentioned they got through the winter and it was now spring again. These are all questions they will have to address in the next episode.

I did have a question about the bathrooms. I can only take it that they've secured some commons gated/fenced areas outdoors.

I did have a question about the bathrooms. I can only take it that they've secured some commons gated/fenced areas outdoors.

I worked at a state prison for almost 18 years before I retired last year in March. We had Hurricane Rita and Ike hit us in 05 and 08. Both times we had no water or plumbing because the sewers backed up inside the prison . As well as no drinking water because of sea water in our city water system. Luckily we had bottled water. So we had inmates and officers urinating and defecating in plastic bags and chunking them in the dumpsters. There was no place to go outside because the prison was flooded around us. So imagine over 2850 inmates and another 300 officers and staff, all going in plastic bags . The smell alone was enough to make you gag. So when I watch AMC and they are in a prison, I look at details like bathrooms, food , water . Because you can't survive in a prison with no escape, without water, much less food for over 6 months , which is about the time line we are led to believe has elapsed since the story began.

I worked at a state prison for almost 18 years before I retired last year in March. We had Hurricane Rita and Ike hit us in 05 and 08. Both times we had no water or plumbing because the sewers backed up inside the prison . As well as no drinking water because of sea water in our city water system. Luckily we had bottled water. So we had inmates and officers urinating and defecating in plastic bags and chunking them in the dumpsters. There was no place to go outside because the prison was flooded around us. So imagine over 2850 inmates and another 300 officers and staff, all going in plastic bags . The smell alone was enough to make you gag. So when I watch AMC and they are in a prison, I look at details like bathrooms, food , water . Because you can't survive in a prison with no escape, without water, much less food for over 6 months , which is about the time line we are led to believe has elapsed since the story began.

All very good points. In this case, I will assume the zombie population spread rapidly and there was only a rogue band of survivors so they should have plenty of foot, water and supplies. Two things I can't figure out:

1. There's only a few hundred or a couple/three thousand prisoners and staff in this facility. If these guys only whacked a dozen or two of the deadheads every day, they would have cleared out the prison long ago. It's not like they're difficult to kill...just a lot of 'em. It seems like they would want to clean house and securre their perimeter.

2. Why didn't they break out of prison or at least take care of #1.

Miracal Workers: Oregon Trail

2021-2022 Fall Network Lineup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)