The Walking Dead on AMC

For some reason, I think the writers are misleading everyone about the cannibalism aspect. They (the writers) are too sneaky and I think they threw out many things to mislead viewers. I just don't think the people at Terminus are that sarcastic...

"We'll make you a plate"
"The more people become a part of us .... we become stronger"
"It's how we survive"

No, I don't know why they herded them to the spot they did (well, they did it to lead them to the trap), but not the long-term reason. Rick and who else no doubt escape - on The Talking Dead, Gimple talked about how he and the other crew were scoping out the new areas they are going to, i.e. they're not staying at Terminus. I'm afraid Carol and Tyrese are going to walk up to the front gate just like Glen and his group, not rescue the others as they have no way to know they're even there.

For some reason, I think the writers are misleading everyone about the cannibalism aspect. They (the writers) are too sneaky and I think they threw out many things to mislead viewers. I just don't think the people at Terminus are that sarcastic...

"We'll make you a plate"
"The more people become a part of us .... we become stronger"
"It's how we survive"

No, I don't know why they herded them to the spot they did (well, they did it to lead them to the trap), but not the long-term reason. Rick and who else no doubt escape - on The Talking Dead, Gimple talked about how he and the other crew were scoping out the new areas they are going to, i.e. they're not staying at Terminus. I'm afraid Carol and Tyrese are going to walk up to the front gate just like Glen and his group, not rescue the others as they have no way to know they're even there.

It's possible you are correct but I think it's very unlikely. The Hunters in the comics are too important to just skip out completely. It may be different from the comics but I feel this is the show's version of the Hunters. This is the same point in the story line when it happens too.

I'm sure they know pretty much everything they are going to do in the next couple seasons especially with the plot pretty much laid out for them already. The only thing that concerns me is how they go about portraying the plot in each episode. The directing and storytelling is great but it isn't very consistent. I don't want to see 3 weeks straight of character development like they just did. You can dedicate a portion of an episode to things like that but not entire episodes, especially back to back to back ones. They may be hour episodes but they don't seem long enough with the amount of commercials during them. If it stays the same way I'd love to see them go to 1 1/2 hour episodes.

Rick's last line in the finally bugs me "they dont know who they're messing with".
With all the crap they've gone through and endured, it shouldve been, "they dont know who they're F'ing with". <--- much more to the point.

That was the original line - from the comics and from the original, written script, but for TV, they had to sanitize it. Gimple mentioned this on The Talking Dead - they have to worry about the FCC, V-Chips, families, and so on.

What happened to the 'one f* bomb per season' plan that Breaking Bad had? I remember reading an article about that about a year ago or so.

That was the original line - from the comics and from the original, written script, but for TV, they had to sanitize it. Gimple mentioned this on The Talking Dead - they have to worry about the FCC, V-Chips, families, and so on.

I had to laugh when Gimple said families,TWD isn't a family show.Sure lets show blood guts,amputations,zombies and Rick biting out jugular veins,but don't dare say the f word.:D Don't get me wrong,I despise a show that barrages us with f-bombs,but in this instance it would have been very appropriate.Heck,they could have had Rick to say it,and bleep it.

I had to laugh when Gimple said families,TWD isn't a family show.Sure lets show blood guts,amputations,zombies and Rick biting out jugular veins,but don't dare say the f word.:D Don't get me wrong,I despise a show that barrages us with f-bombs,but in this instance it would have been very appropriate.Heck,they could have had Rick to say it,and bleep it.

I myself prefer the bleeps over the use of clean words. At least the beep makes a point that there was some bad language there.

I think more families watch it than you think. We do - our kids are 15 and 12 (the 4-year old sometimes will if she's still awake - she knows who Rick and Daryl are). While we're watching it, the 12 year old's friends text her (or try to - they seem to watch it live while we wait at least 20-30 minutes to start it).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think more families watch it than you think. We do - our kids are 15 and 12 (the 4-year old sometimes will if she's still awake - she knows who Rick and Daryl are). While we're watching it, the 12 year old's friends text her (or try to - they seem to watch it live while we wait at least 20-30 minutes to start it).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

:eek::eek: It's going to be edited down to tv-14 for mynetwork syndication.Not judging anyone,but no way I would let a kid of mine watch under the age of 13.I still do not consider it to be a family show.

My daughter is six and I will not let her watch it. Won't for several years.

Parents have to make their own decisions for their children however.

Probably put it on the "unrated" Blu Ray as a feature...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)