The Walking Dead season premiere - Timer not detecting?

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I don't know if this is a Hopper 3 issue specifically, but my Walking Dead timer doesn't seem to be detecting the season premiere Sunday night. It doesn't even appear as a skipped episode. I have tried re-creating the timer several times and it still isn't working. Does anyone have a Walking Dead timer that is actually working?

Holy crap, you're right. I set it up and never checked that it took. Just checked and nothing. I went and selected it and clicked Record This and it is now showing up in the schedule.

This has happened in the past. I can't recall the exact reason but it had to do with the number of older episodes being run before the premiere. Happened with with Breaking Bad too. I'm assuming AMC is running some older season marathons this week. Wait until it gets closer to the premiere and it will show up. Mine is the same right now as well.

AMC is running a marathon for TWD right now. I have my timer set up to record all new and old episodes and it's been pretty busy. I wouldn't get too worked up about the premiere yet. It for some reason it does happen to miss it just record it the next time it shows. The great thing about TWD is that episodes are replayed all the time.

This occurs because of the large number of recordings for that title due to the marathon. As you get closer to Sunday, your the timer for that specific airing will be added.

Reactions: iadubber
This happens sometimes on a couple of my timers in HWS. Every Sunday morning I check all my scheduled timers for the week. For a timer that has more than 50 events new and rerun in the guide, the oldest timer event will not show up until the newest event has aired.

I don't know if this is a Hopper 3 issue specifically, but my Walking Dead timer doesn't seem to be detecting the season premiere Sunday night. It doesn't even appear as a skipped episode. I have tried re-creating the timer several times and it still isn't working. Does anyone have a Walking Dead timer that is actually working?
It is because The Walking Dead timer has more than 50 events (new & reruns) scheduled in your guide. Any timer event past 50 of them will not show up in your guide until the newest timer event is complete. I just checked my Walking Dead timer that is listed in the Timers folder and it says there are 50 events. I am still on HWS, software version 529, so I guess it is the same for H3. This 50 event limit was also in my 722ks back in the day before I weaned myself to HWS.

Reactions: cummingsje
Correction it's when the OLDEST event completes and falls iff the list the newer events will show.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Correction it's when the OLDEST event completes and falls iff the list the newer events will show.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.
How about when the next scheduled event completes and falls off the list the newer event will show! I am not good at wording things. :redface

It is because The Walking Dead timer has more than 50 events (new & reruns) scheduled in your guide. Any timer event past 50 of them will not show up in your guide until the newest timer event is complete. I just checked my Walking Dead timer that is listed in the Timers folder and it says there are 50 events. I am still on HWS, software version 529, so I guess it is the same for H3. This 50 event limit was also in my 722ks back in the day before I weaned myself to HWS.
Good explanation, I never knew of the limit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm carefully watching the skipped episodes and as of this morning it's working its way closer to the premier. By tomorrow I'll know if it schedules an event for the premier.

I do wonder why the 50 event limit exists on a modern box. I find it hard to believe it's a memory issue. Is that part of the software just old and not updated yet to look at the entire 9-day schedule?

I'm carefully watching the skipped episodes and as of this morning it's working its way closer to the premier. By tomorrow I'll know if it schedules an event for the premier.

I do wonder why the 50 event limit exists on a modern box. I find it hard to believe it's a memory issue. Is that part of the software just old and not updated yet to look at the entire 9-day schedule?

I don't know why the 50 limit but it has been that way for a long time now. I see it all the time because I check my weekly Monday thru Sunday scheduled timers every Sunday morning. I also check the daily scheduled timers every morning. For me there usually just two programs that have more than 50 events in the guide, The Walking Dead & Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

I guess I can see how fixing the 50 event limit is a low priority since by the time the show is on the air it will get recorded.
I would still point out that it's a poor user experience that scares the user. (Enough for people to create and reply to this thread!)

If you want to maintain your sanity, simply look at your schedule on Sunday morning. If it isn't there try setting up a manual recording like Scherrman suggested. I'm guessing it will be there....

If you want to maintain your sanity, simply look at your schedule on Sunday morning. If it isn't there try setting up a manual recording like Scherrman suggested. I'm guessing it will be there....

Yep, and it for some reason you still miss it just record it the next time it shows which will be within the week.

It's more of a "practical" limit. Although AMC does it a bit routinely, how often would this limit be encountered? Check ALL of your timers and how many exceed (50) episodes?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)