Dish install this week - what to expect/how to prepare?

Scola77

I miss my bootloader
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016
Louisiana
I am sure I am not alone when saying I have coax wires going anywhere and everywhere in my attic. It is chaos up there with wires coming to and from OTA antenna, old directv SWM switches, cable service coax for phone and Internet and other random things going everywhere.

So I am a little concerned knowing I have a new install happening this coming week. I would imagine the installer will be able to figure everything out on his own, however I feel like I should label everything and remove old and unnecessary wires/switches/splitters etc. My concern is that I don't want to be "that guy" who hovers over the installer the entire morning, but I also don't want him spending hours trying to figure out where everything goes.

Should I do nothing and just get out of the way, or should I proactively organize everything and make it easier to identify - or will this even matter in the long run?

What have you guys done in the past to prepare for a major switch? I will be going from Directv to Dish.

Let him/her do their job. I doubt your house is that unusual with as many as they see. Odds are, they'll NOT use any of the existing wiring if it's as messy as you describe.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8 and Scola77
R
Let him/her do their job. I doubt your house is that unusual with as many as they see. Odds are, they'll NOT use any of the existing wiring if it's as messy as you describe.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
SAME!

Reactions: Scola77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)